• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost Lightroom CD, transfer from one mac to another?

New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

the first lightroom i bought was lightroom 1, i upgraded to lightroom 2 on my mac.

i bought a new mac but cannot find my lightroom 2 CD, can i transfer lightroom to my new mac without the cd?

appreciate the help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 2 will not run on a new Mac with the newest version of OS X. So there is no need to find your LR 2 CD. you will need to subscribe to the Adobe Photographers subscription plan or buy the last perpetual license version of LR, LR 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reply,

I am using OSX 10.8 - Mountain lion, LR2 will work on it but i mislaid the cd and LR2 is on my older mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this link for older downloads

Adobe - Lightroom : For Macintosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that, but i dont want to buy a serial number or a 30 day trial, i have a version 2 on my old mac that i bought but dont have the serial number????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You ought to be able to find the Registration File on your old Mac that contains your serial number. The location of the Registration File is given here: Preference file and other file locations in Lightroom 3  (Yes, I know you have LR 2, but I don't think any of this changed with LR 3)

If I may be so bold, you don't have the CD and you don't have your serial number, this is not a good way to operate. You need to create/design methods of saving your serial numbers and original CDs (not just for LR but for all software) so that this doesn't happen again. No excuses. (I keep the serial numbers in a text file which is backed up locally and in the cloud, I give it a name that you can't forget like "serial numbers.txt").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi DJ,

you are correct to keep records, i have my photoshop cd and serial number. I have lightroom 1 cd and serial number (now on LR2) but cannot recall if i upgraded online or bought the cd for LR2, it was 2008 i got LR2.

Will try the above link you sent and get back to you. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gerardk11193936  wrote

Hi all,

the first lightroom i bought was lightroom 1, i upgraded to lightroom 2 on my mac.

i bought a new mac but cannot find my lightroom 2 CD, can i transfer lightroom to my new mac without the cd?

appreciate the help.

If you bought a New Mac as stated above then it didn't come with OS X 10.8 installed on it and can't have OS X 10.8 installed on it.

So what you bought was ANOTHER, older but New to You, Mac.

Follow the link above to download LR 2.x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, that's right

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines