Highlighted

Lost my Lightroom presets due to computer crash

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my old computer quit on me and now i'm trying to get LR PS and other stuff i had on my old computer on the new now i lost all my edit photos and presets.... what do i need to do to get them back on if possible?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lost my Lightroom presets due to computer crash

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my old computer quit on me and now i'm trying to get LR PS and other stuff i had on my old computer on the new now i lost all my edit photos and presets.... what do i need to do to get them back on if possible?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about the old computer. If you are using Lightroom Classic, the presets are saved locally on the computer. Also, the edits made to the images are saved in the catalog associated with the app. If you do not have a backup of the presets & the catalog, the information might be lost.

Did you save your images to an external drive or were they stored on the local storage of the old machine?

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have external harddrives and thought i would have saved them in those drives

presets that might be another story thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you moved your images over to the new computer and not the cataloge. IF you can still access the catalog and move that over to the new computer and open up LR-C using that catalog you should be OK. The bad news is that since all of this was done outside of LR, LR doesn't have a clue as to where the images are located and you'll have your afternoon cut out for you as you locate the original images and link them up.

Here's a couple of sites that show you how to relink the images:

http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you have access to the old hard drive, this is the link you are looking for:

http://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines