• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost pages in Book module

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I recover the previous version of  a Book created in the Book Module? I apprently delted several pages and would like to find out haw to recover the file. I cant retsore the whole catelog becasue I have edited additional pictures I do not want to redo.  I am not sure how to find the file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

'Books' are not saved anywhere unless you have created a 'Saved Book Collection'.

All book design work will then be 'saved' in its 'Saved Book Collection' within the Catalog Collections panel (not a separate "file").

You can make different 'versions' of a Book by Duplicating a 'Saved Book Collection' in the Collections panel. But there is no easy 'restore' function to return to a previous book edit.

You will only be able to return your book to a previous state if you 'extract' a 'Saved Book Collection' from a Backup Catalog (* That contains the pages you want!!).

And you do not have to restore the "whole catalog" as there is a method to restore a 'Partial' Catalog ( ie. Restore the Saved Book Collection only)-

RESTORE PARTIAL from backup catalog?

Post back a reply for more information if needed.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines