• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost Pictures

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lost pictures and don't know where to begin.

I am a novice user.  I believe I have only one location of pictures.  However, I have just begun uploading new pictures and noticed that pictures from a year ago are not there... What should I do next?  Who do I contact? Is there a record of photos when uploaded?

Help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

pictures from a year ago are not there...

Are not where?  They are not in the Lightroom library? They are not on your hard-drive?

Have you deleted, or moved,  any photos by using the operating system?

What should I do next?

First step is to use your operating system (are you Windows or Mac?) to find your photo files.

Are they in your 'Pictures' folders?

Who do I contact?

You have the most control over your computer, so it is best that you can first find the files.

This forum, and the expert users here,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pictures from a year ago are not there...

Are not where?  They are not in the Lightroom library? They are not on your hard-drive?

Have you deleted, or moved,  any photos by using the operating system?

What should I do next?

First step is to use your operating system (are you Windows or Mac?) to find your photo files.

Are they in your 'Pictures' folders?

Who do I contact?

You have the most control over your computer, so it is best that you can first find the files.

This forum, and the expert users here, may have answers when you can provide more detailed information.

What number version of Lightroom do you have?  (Check from the Menu: Help>System Information   - top line in the information box)

Is there a record of photos when uploaded?

"Uploaded" how and where? 

Photos must be stored in your computer to work with Lightroom.

The "Record" is your folders in your computer, or backups of the camera files.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/where-store-your-photos/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss...

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you first import images LR shows only those newly imported images. To see all your images click the "All Photographs" link in the Catalog section in the left hand panel of the Library module.

Also in the Folders area, again in the left hand panel of the Library module, you can select either the drive name/letter to show all imported images on that drive or the folders listed below the drive name/letter to show only those images stored in different folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kat995  wrote

I have lost pictures and don't know where to begin.

I am a novice user.  I believe I have only one location of pictures.  However, I have just begun uploading new pictures and noticed that pictures from a year ago are not there... What should I do next?  Who do I contact? Is there a record of photos when uploaded?

Help.

A common problem is for users to accidentally import the photos into a different folder than the one they want the photos to go into. Use your operating system's search feature to search all hard disks for (at least) one of these lost photos, by file name.

Lightroom does not delete photos by itself. It only deletes photos when you, the human user of the software, instruct Lightroom to delete photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please upload a screen shot showing the Library module and what you are seeing.

If you are seeing question marks or exclamation points you may find this useful:

How to find missing photos in Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also faced the same problem because all the photos were deleted permanently from my windows. After many location searches, I realize that I have lost them. Then I find a solution with the help of google and youtube that is
This software helps to recover all the lost or deleted data like documents, photos, files, videos, etc, and also helps in case of a corrupted window.
After the use of this, I recovered all my lost photos and thanks him.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines