• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost trying to figure out Light room classic

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old user of Adobe in the past,  recently downloaded and installed LR Classic on MacBook Pro running OSX Catalina. 

free trial version expired and I went thru Apple App Store and purchased photoshop Lightroom 1TB monthly subscription and I keep being g prompted to purchase a license.  

When I try to purchase it loops again and again saying you already have a monthly subscription and says this update not available 

im in the process of assembling a Mac mini system and its running Big Sur.   I want to run Light room classic on M1 mini and to occasionally shot teathered to Lightroom on Intel MacBook Pro running Catalina.

Being looped in to prompts of upgrade to install prompts and " you can't do that". I'm thinking, perhaps I should cancel m subscription and try to resubscribe when I get the M1 running first 

do I need a team license to have Lightroom classic available on my Intel MacBook Pro and the mini?

I'm confused and think the online storage and mobile features are nice, but my primary focus is to be able to edit with Lightroom class on my he desktop and shoot teetered with my R6 on my old Intel MacBook Pro..

Everything I've seen in create cloud site in my account leads to to believe I have monthly subscription to use Photoshop, Lightroom , and Lightroom classic but when I try and update or change my subscription on Apple store it appears I need to.cancel and can't change the product mix..  In not interested in the all apps bundle just Photoshop and Lightroom classic 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to run Light room classic on M1 mini and to occasionally shot teathered to Lightroom on Intel MacBook Pro running Catalina. Being looped in to prompts of upgrade to install prompts and " you can't do that".

Can you tell us the exact step you are tyring to perform AND the EXACT word-for-word error message?

You do not need any other software and you do not need any other subsciption to run Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two basic $9.99 per month subscription plans: 

1. The Photography Plan, which includes Lightroom Classic, Photoshop, Lightroom (the cloud-centric version) + 20GB of cloud storage (+ Lightroom on mobile devices and cloud syncing)

2. The Lightroom Plan, which includes only the cloud-centric Lightroom version, plus 1TB of cloud storage (+ Lightroom on mobile devices and cloud syncing)

I'm fairly sure that only the second plan (Lightroom only + 1TB) is available from the Apple App Store, in which case it seems that you have purchased the wrong plan if you want to use Classic. The App Store plan can only be cancelled via the App Store, so it would appear that's what you need to do first, then purchase the correct Photography Plan from Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 👌

That’s what I thought. I’m going to cancel on Apple store.

Will I need to create a new account ?

I’m thinking it looks like I just cancel subscription in Apple store. And then log back in later on Adobe to my existing account to get the simple 20 gig plan.
Right??

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could certainly try it that way. If it's not possible, presumably creating a different account wouldn't be an issue as I'm assuming you haven't yet uploaded much to the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines