Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loupe View and Full Screen not working on Surface Pro 7 i5 8GB

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just bought a new Surface Pro 7 i5 8GB and installed Lightroom on it.

Most things run fine, but there are these problems :

1. Fullscreen mode (f) is showing only a black screen in Develop Mode

2. The Loupe View in the guided Upright Transformation is only showing a black box on the cursor, i can´t see the magnified view. Similarly the Loupe View in the Details to see magnified sharpening is showing only a black view.

I´ve updatet the Surface Pro 7 to the latest available drivers via Windows Update first, without an impact on that problem.

Then I´ve updated the Intel Graphics directly via Intel website to the latest available Intel graphics driver, but still no impact on that problem.

Here is my System Info :

Lightroom Classic version: 9.3 [ 202005281810-476e492c ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 10 - Home Premium Edition
Version: 10.0.18363
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 1,4 GHz
SqLite Version: 3.30.1
Built-in memory: 7782,5 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 7782,5 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 2022,4 MB (25,9%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 4064,0 MB
GDI objects count: 882
USER objects count: 2249
Process handles count: 1400
Memory cache size: 0,0MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 12.3 [ 493 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 1365MB / 3891MB (35%)
Camera Raw real memory: 1378MB / 7782MB (17%)
System DPI setting: 192 DPI (high DPI mode)
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Displays: 1) 2736x1824
Input types: Multitouch: Yes, Integrated touch: Yes, Integrated pen: Yes, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: Yes

Graphics Processor Info:
DirectX: Intel(R) Iris(R) Plus Graphics (27.20.100.8336)

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic
Library Path: D:\Fotos_InBearbeitung\2020\2020_Daenemark\Katalog\Daenemark_2020\Daenemark_2020.lrcat
Settings Folder: C:\Users\stefa\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins:
1) AdobeStock
2) Facebook
3) Flickr
4) Nikon Tether Plugin

Config.lua flags: None

Adapter #1: Vendor : 8086
Device : 8a5a
Subsystem : 371414
Revision : 7
Video Memory : 128
Adapter #2: Vendor : 1414
Device : 8c
Subsystem : 0
Revision : 0
Video Memory : 0
AudioDeviceIOBlockSize: 1024
AudioDeviceName: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio(SST))
AudioDeviceNumberOfChannels: 2
AudioDeviceSampleRate: 48000
Build: LR5x42
Direct2DEnabled: true
Direct2DPresent: true
GPUDeviceEnabled: false
OGLEnabled: false

Thanks for any help!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Meanwhile I´ve found the solution by myself, but I want to share this with others who might run into the same problem with the microsoft surface pro 7.

The solution can be found here : https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/before-after-not-working-blank/td-p/9501755?page=1

You have  to set the correct sRGB color profile on the surface pro 7. I realized that I also had the problem with the before / after view as described there, and tried the proposed fix. And it solved it!

That means t

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Displays: 1) 2736x1824

If in /preferences/performance/ you are enabling use Graphics Processor, turn that off. Fir less than 4K, this option probably does not provide benefit. This option could be degrading performance.

also

Graphics Processor Info:
DirectX: Intel(R) Iris(R) Plus Graphics (27.20.100.8336)

So, an integrated video controller, not a discrete Graphics Processor, and hoe much video RAM available? This also, probably does not allow for a benefit of using Graphics Processor, I suspect if you are trying, you get limited or no advanced acceleration.

Costs nothing to try.

hmm, this integrated video controll? So, yes limited: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Iris-Plus-Graphics-G4-Ice-Lake-48-EU-Laptop-GPU.422872.0.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David, 

I´ve already tried that, but there´s no impact on this issue if I turn graphics processor usage on or off.

Auto (Basic Acceleration), Custom (Full Acceleration), Off (Acceleration disabled), the problem is always there.

But I realized that even the main photo display window in develop module isn´t showing any content if I switch graphic processor usage to off. I would assume this is also not working as designed?

I found several reviews of this devive where they said the performance should be sufficient for lightroom, even if it´s not the best performance. So I can´t believe that the hardware specification is the problem.

Any more ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Meanwhile I´ve found the solution by myself, but I want to share this with others who might run into the same problem with the microsoft surface pro 7.

The solution can be found here : https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/before-after-not-working-blank/td-p/9501755?page=1

You have  to set the correct sRGB color profile on the surface pro 7. I realized that I also had the problem with the before / after view as described there, and tried the proposed fix. And it solved it!

That means that the uncorrect color profile which was set as standard from microsoft is occuring problems with the before / after view, and the problems which I have described here regarding the loupe view and full screen view.

Hopefully this will help someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines