Highlighted

Loupedeck problems since Lightroom Classic CC

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the new Lightroom version Classic CC, the dials Exposure, Contrast, Clarity, Blacks, Shadows, Whites and Highlights are not working. In the history you see it but the sliders are not moving and on the photo nothing happens. The other dials are working normally only these 7 dials don't do it.

I reported this to Loupedeck and they immediatly answered:

With the new Lightroom Classic CC update, came a new Lightroom bug that affects certain languages. For some languages, Dutch being one of them, some of the buttons will not work. This issue is temporarily fixed by changing the language to English.

However, we will notify Adobe immediately about this issue, and hopefully they will come out with a fix asap.

------------------------------

I think there will be more users with this problem and changing the language in English will solve it, but I prefer always my own language (Dutch).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Loupedeck problems since Lightroom Classic CC

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the new Lightroom version Classic CC, the dials Exposure, Contrast, Clarity, Blacks, Shadows, Whites and Highlights are not working. In the history you see it but the sliders are not moving and on the photo nothing happens. The other dials are working normally only these 7 dials don't do it.

I reported this to Loupedeck and they immediatly answered:

With the new Lightroom Classic CC update, came a new Lightroom bug that affects certain languages. For some languages, Dutch being one of them, some of the buttons will not work. This issue is temporarily fixed by changing the language to English.

However, we will notify Adobe immediately about this issue, and hopefully they will come out with a fix asap.

------------------------------

I think there will be more users with this problem and changing the language in English will solve it, but I prefer always my own language (Dutch).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 20, 2017 1
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Same problem in french!

Let's hope it comes with Nikon D850 profile...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2017 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add your me-too vote, details of your configuration, and which plugin you're using to this bug report: Lightroom SDK: LrDevelopController broken in languages other than English, German, Swedish | Photosh... Though Adobe has acknowledged the problem and indicated it could be fixed in the next release, the more people who vote and provide constructive details (not just "fix it"), the more likely Adobe will actually prioritize a fix.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2017 0
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have found this solution:

1 / Open the file "TranslatedStrings_Lr_fr_FR.txt" in the "C: \ Program Files \ Adobe \ Adobe Lightroom Classic CC \ Resources \ en" directory with the notepad.
2 / Click on "Edit" then "Select all" then "copy"
3 / Paste text in Microsoft Word (I have version 2010 but it should work with other versions)
4 / Without modifying the text in world redone a "select all" then "copy"
5 / Open a blank page in the notepad and paste the text you just copied from Wold.
6 / Save this page by giving it the same no as the Lightroom language file "TranslatedStrings_Lr_en_US.txt"
7 / Finally replace the file "TranslatedStrings_Lr_fr_FR.txt" in the
"C: \ Program Files \ Adobe \ Adobe Lightroom Classic CC \ Resources \en" directory with the file you just created.

I hope this help you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution is not working for me. The directory "C: \ Program Files \ Adobe \ Adobe Lightroom Classic CC \ Resources \ en" is empty and there is no file TranslatedStrings_Lr_en_US.txt. Therefore I cannot use your solution.

I tried to copy the file TranslatedStrings_Lr_nl_NL.txt to the file Resources \ en directory but that is not working.

I hope that Adobe will give an update soon to solve the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2017 0
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Ok, therse is a mistake un my message. the folder is: C: \ Program Files \ Adobe \ Adobe Lightroom Classic CC \ Resources \ fr

1 / Open the file "TranslatedStrings_Lr_fr_FR.txt" in the "C: \ Program Files \ Adobe \ Adobe Lightroom Classic CC \ Resources \ fr" directory with the notepad.
3 / Paste text in Microsoft Word (I have version 2010 but it should work with other versions)
5 / Open a blank page in the notepad and paste the text you just copied from Wold.
6 / Save this page by giving it the same no as the Lightroom language file "TranslatedStrings_Lr_en_US.txt"
"C: \ Program Files \ Adobe \ Adobe Lightroom Classic CC \ Resources \en" directory with the file you just created.

I hope this help you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2017 0
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the right procedure:

1 / Open the file "TranslatedStrings_Lr_fr_FR.txt" in the "C: \ Program Files \ Adobe \ Adobe Lightroom Classic CC \ Resources \ fr" directory with the notepad.
6 / Save this page by giving it the same name as the Lightroom language file "TranslatedStrings_Lr_en_US.txt"
"C: \ Program Files \ Adobe \ Adobe Lightroom Classic CC \ Resources \fr" directory with the file you just created.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2017 0
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution is for French language. If you use an other language. use the file .txt of your language.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2017 0
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For NL language:

1 / Open the file "TranslatedStrings_Lr_nl_NL.txt" in the "C: \ Program Files \ Adobe \ Adobe Lightroom Classic CC \ Resources \ nl" directory with the notepad.
6 / Save this page by giving it the same name as the Lightroom language file "TranslatedStrings_Lr_nl_NL.txt"
7 / Finally replace the file "TranslatedStrings_Lr_nl_NL.txt" in the
"C: \ Program Files \ Adobe \ Adobe Lightroom Classic CC \ Resources \ nl" directory with the file you just created.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2017 0
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am facing the same issue after installing the latest verion of lightroom and the language is English. 

Lightroom : Latest Cc

Please advice !!! URGENT 

If you have a solution please contact :

Email : wetransfer.azhar@gmail.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am facing the same issue after installing the latest verion of lightroom and the language is English. 

Lightroom : Latest Cc

Please advice !!! URGENT 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I am facing the same issue after installing the latest verion of lightroom and the language is English."

You may have similar symptoms, but the cause must be different, since the problem reported in this 2.5-year-old thread was caused by a bug in how LR handled the translation of non-English languages with plugins.

I recommend that you contact Loupedeck support  directly, since they provide a plugin for connecting the controller to LR.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2020 0