• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Low JPG export quality on Ipad

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a photo membership at Adobe for some time and recently started editing photos on the iPad in addition to my usual workflow on the iMac (Lightroom Classic). 

However, I have noticed one thing that bothers me and cannot find a solution. When I want to export the photos on iPad after editing, it turns them into low quality JPGs. The files have a resolution of 2560 x 1706 pixels and a size between 2 MB and 3.5 MB, while the original files have a resolution of 6000 x 4000.

I use the following settings within Ligtroom on the iPad:

-I have turned off the option smart previews only under settings> cloud storage & sync. Because I want to work with the original RAW files.
-For export settings I use: 1. File type: JPG, 2. Dimensions: Largest available sizes, 3 Quality: 100%

Despite all these settings it seems that Lightroom is still using smart previews. For example; when I open a photo in Ligthroom on the iPad, then click on the cloud icon, it says Local: Smart preview and Backup in Cloud: Smart preview.

My two questions:

-Why is Lightroom on the iPad making such small JPGs and what can I do to change this?

-Does anyone have an idea how I can force Lightroom to sync the RAW files to the cloud? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Because Lightroom Classic only stores smart previews in the cloud for you to use. You cannot access the full 6000x4000 original image on a mobile device. There is no setting that can change this.

If you want to access the full 6000x4000 image via a mobile device, you need to use the new cloud-based software called Lightroom (not Lightroom Classic)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines