Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 10 Classic slow GPU support

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, first post here.

I upgraded all my Adobe apps yesterday, including LR 10 Classic. Using a powerful 2019 6-core iMac 27" which tore through tasks with LR 9 Classic, but 10 seems to have slowed down most tasks with GPU support enabled. This is particualrly obvious when using 'Remove Chromatic Aberations' and 'Enable Profile Corrections' (the results take at least 1-2 seconds to appear, which is 1-2 seconds longer than before), and selecting 'Auto' for lens transformations also takes a while (whereas before it was instant). This on Canon 5D Mark III RAW files and HDR dng files.

How do I know it's GPU support? Because switching off GPU support makes things *almost* as fast as they were before.

What's up with that? I know new GPU support was added to 10 Classic, so what's broken? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't ask us "what's up with that", we're not Adobe, we're just other Lightroom users. You need to contact Adobe, there is a link that says "Submit product feedback" on the main page of this forum.

But anyway, check to make sure face detection is off, syncing with Lightroom Mobile is off, and that all your plug-ins are compatible with Lightroom Classic 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my apologies, I didn't even relaise this wasn't a dirtect line to Adobe. Will send them direct product feedback.

An update from my side: it's definitely a LR 10 Classic issue. I rolled back to LR 9.4, enabled GPU support, anbd everything was back up to full speed. I don't run any plugins, face detection is off and mobile syncing is off. Adobe has broken something in LR 10 GPU support, hope they fix it soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. Same for me.

With LR9.4 all was very fast but in 10 I can't get it as fast as in 9.4.

I switch back to 9.4 and see what happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines