• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 2.4 automatically senses a CF card and starts up...I dont want this..

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2009 Jun 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 2.4 automatically  senses a CF card and starts up...I dont want this..

I UN-checked the box

"  preferences; import; 'show dialog when a memory card is detected'   " 

but it rechecks itself when it LR closed...  and reopened...

i.e   I shut down LR...and reopen the dialog and sure enough it is rechecked..

I dont want LR to auto  try and respond to a CF card inserted

I also have adobe elements 4 installed  and tried to find any related stuff that MIGHT be 'rechecking' the box ...as an ADOBE system parameter...or something

this SEEMED to start occuring when I installed the latest LR 2.4....no issues before this

during last 2 yrs etc

using Win7 RC ... BUT this was NOT happening for past months... with previous LR and Win7...

and Win7 beta also...no issues..........JUST the new LR 2.4 install

HELP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 111 Replies 111
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2009 Sep 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be willing to bet this does not occur on the 23 bit version

I just let this happen.  Ignoring this issue.  I tried the fixes and workarounds.  Started again.  I actually run both 2.0 and 2.4.  How about that.  Why?  Because of some crappola issue with Sigma RAW that has never been corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My XP machines do not have the issue.

My Vista and Win7 machines, do.

LR 2.3 was fine.  LR 2.4 was not on Vista and Win7.

If you have not had the issue and using LR 2.4 on Vista or Win7 then people would like to know.

I suspect you're using XP or a Mac or are answering No to a UAC about LR monkeying with the registry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2009 Sep 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just been putting up with this silliness for months (since upgrading to 2.4 back in June) and then checked again today to see if there was any new solution. I followed jmlphotography's steps posted on 8/16 and they worked like a charm for me. No more LR2 popping up whenever a flash drive is inserted or a camera attached. I can CHOOSE to run LR2 import, but when it's no longer starting up all the time when I don't want it. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 04, 2009 Sep 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Just remember that if you do start LR, you'll have to reset

everything because it will over ride your preferences.

Regards,

Jim

http://jmlphotography.smugmug.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has also been a topic of discussion in more than one thread at

DPReview and I'm sure other forums as well.

Regards,

Jim

http://jmlphotography.smugmug.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2010 Jan 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After posting a previous comment, I've discovered that I have this problem exactly.  And after reading many volumes of comments, it appears Photoshop LR 2.4 is not fixed, nor is there a fix.  I feel ripped-off.  Not only have Adobe failed to "make good" on a a fix.  They have failed to offer us something better as a free replacement.  I think this is totally unacceptable.  I've bought many Adobe products over the years, but this one has spoiled it. http://web-max.info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 Professional 64bit  /  Lightroom v2.6

Art - I was one of the big complainers when this problem started. v2.5 fixed the problem for me, and the current revision 2.6 is fine. Suggest you make the update and give it a try - IM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix is Lr 2.5/2.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your comment is totally off base.

If you are using LR 2.4 then update to LR 2.6. This has been fixed since mid-September with a free update from Adobe.

If you are using LR 2.6 and don't want LR starting up when a memory card is plugged in, then uncheck the relevant preference on the general tab that deals with LR starting up when a memory card is detected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Others have already replied to your comment.  Yes, it is fixed and working FINE.  My only complaint now is that Adobe removed the option to compress or not to compress DNG when importing files to LR.  I am a firm believer in "not compressing".  Regardless what some people say, you do lose information in compressing.  Granted, it might not be that noticeable; but, I don't want anything lost and Adobe should leave that decision to the user.  (They are like Microsoft now -- deciding what the user should have.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lossless compression is just that. You don't lose information.

If you have a special need to not compress, imagined or real, then you still have a choice if you use the DNG Converter. It is just less convenient.

Removing the compression setting is likely in preparation for the entirely new Import interface in LR 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lossless - Don't believe it.  The articles I have read state otherwise.  Although, they state it is negligible and you may not notice it.  I am of the "old school" and do not like to compress, especially on important jobs.  I am not concerned about space; just have to use more DVD's when archiving.

Yes, using the convertor method is less convenient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines