Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 5.7 classic

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

my wife got 5.7.1 running on a MacBook Air early 2014 runnung macOS Catalina 10.15.7

All fine and nice, but the Air will be replaced soon by one of the new Airs.

So some questions perhaps some of you is able to answer...

a) Any idea if this old version will run on BigSur? If not i won't update the old Air as a LR only machine.

b) If BigSur might work, anybody an idea, if it will run on the new Air as well?

c) If i would like simply to try out, i have no install dmg or anything like this anymore and i doubt, that i got some log in data, any idea if i can find them in the running system?

Thanks for your help, unfortunaltey i am not familiar at all with all this adoba thing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR v6 and older uses a 32bit installer, hence you cannot install it on MACOS Catalina or newer. 

If you had it om MACOS Prior to Catalina, then upon upgrade to Catalina, it would work (issue is the installer, not the LR itself)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly, she used it since 2014 so this was only an update to Catalina, exactly as you describe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if Lightroom 5.7.1 is a 64-bit application, but I'm sure that the installer is 32-bit. Consequently, it will be impossible to install it on the new computer. Lightroom 5.7.1 is no longer supported in any way by Adobe. You are going to have to keep the old computer the way it is if you want to keep using antiquated software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for sharing this info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a) Any idea if this old version will run on BigSur? If not i won't update the old Air as a LR only machine.

LR 5.7 may run on Big Sur, or it may not. Adobe doesn't test old versions of software on new operating systems. The only way to find out is to try it yourself (which you may not want to do, you may choose to not upgrade, that would be the safer course of action as far as Lightroom is concerned).

b) If BigSur might work, anybody an idea, if it will run on the new Air as well?

Lightroom 5.7 cannot be installed on a brand new Mac. You'd have to upgrade to the current version, which is Lightroom Classic 10.0, and can only be obtained via subscription.

c) If i would like simply to try out, i have no install dmg or anything like this anymore and i doubt, that i got some log in data, any idea if i can find them in the running system?

I don't understand the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

a + b thanks

c) if you say that installing 5.7.1 on a new Mac is not possible, than c is irrelevant.

My idea was only, if it is possible, to find a legal download for 5.7.1 and then install it on the new air, or if i probably can simply copy and paste the adobe folder from the old to the new one or any other solution for that 

sorry, not native english speaking 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines