Highlighted

LR 6.14 crashes when switching to Loupe View with video files

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For years now I have been able to view my .mp4 video files in Lightroom (and adjust start/end points, export, etc.). But now every time I double click on a video file or try to switch to Loupe View, the program crashes. Loupe View works fine with images, but no longer with video files. Even if I create a new catalog, import one video file into it, and try to switch to Loupe View, the program crashes. Adobe tech walked me through a new, clean install, but it still does it. Graphics processor acceleration is already disabled. Anyone have any suggestions? PLEASE???

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

LR 6.14 crashes when switching to Loupe View with video files

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For years now I have been able to view my .mp4 video files in Lightroom (and adjust start/end points, export, etc.). But now every time I double click on a video file or try to switch to Loupe View, the program crashes. Loupe View works fine with images, but no longer with video files. Even if I create a new catalog, import one video file into it, and try to switch to Loupe View, the program crashes. Adobe tech walked me through a new, clean install, but it still does it. Graphics processor acceleration is already disabled. Anyone have any suggestions? PLEASE???

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 22, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some generic troubleshooting steps that might help:

1. Restart your computer (just in case you haven't already done that multiple times).

2. Try resetting LR's preferences: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/. LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John. Yes, I've rebooted numerous times, and I just reset LR's preferences (again) according to the link you sent, but still crashes when double clicking or selecting Loupe View on a video file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload one of the problem .mp4s to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here. We can see if other LR installations have problems with the video.  It's less likely to be related to the videos themselves, but let's quickly rule that out.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 0