• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 6.14 "First steps with Lightroom Mobile"

New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have LR 6, but no online plans with Adobe, neither do I own a smartphone, i.e. I also have no use of Lightroom Mobile.

Starting LR this morning there was an update screen came before that once or twice a year but never updated anything after 2017. I klicked it without reading anything furher. Now it shows "First steps with Lightroom Mobile" on the top under Adobe Lightroom 6, giving me the choice to login to synchronize with Lightroom Mobile, search for GPS coordinates of faces via face recognition.

LR didn't start my standart catalogue and some if not all my presets are gone, for instance the export presets.

What happened?

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some grammatical corrections:

I only have LR 6, but no online plans with Adobe, neither do I own a smartphone, i.e. I also have no use of Lightroom Mobile.

Starting LR this morning there was an update screen, which came before once or twice a year but never updated anything after 2017. I klicked it without reading anything furher. Now it shows "First steps with Lightroom Mobile" on the top under Adobe Lightroom 6, giving me the choice to login to synchronize with Lightroom Mobile, search for GPS coordinates or faces via face recognition.

LR didn't start my standart catalogue, and some if not all my presets are gone, for instance the export presets.

What happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that only some screen-clips will help you explain what you are seeing.

[Insert Photos] with the 'Landscape' icon above your message reply.

WobertC_0-1619910982794.png

You might see our confusion because there is a Lightroom v6 (mobile).

'Mobile' versions do not install on PCs or MACs.

Updates for Lr6 (Perpetual) have not been available from Adobe for some years.

And what do you mean by "LR didn't start my standard catalogue " ? Any error messages?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello WobertC
Thanks for your answer, I appreciate you help.

Let me try to explain more precisely:

After the last update of LR6 (2015?) once or twice a year when I started LR the same update screen/info as before signaled something new (can‘t remember the exact content) but choosing OK there was nothing to update. So, two days ago starting LR the same update screen appeared after a long time again. Hardly glancing at it, just recognizing the word update, I clicked it away, maybe with "OK“.

Starting LR the next time yesterday, it started like a fresh installation (screenshot 1), not opening the last catalogue, but wanting to open import dialogue. I could open my usual catalogue and all was there and worked fine, just all my previous settings were gone. I searched for them (like c:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom and other places) but could not find anything.

Settings can be set again, but to find the old ones would make me more happy.

The other thing is Lightroom Mobile in the taskbar now (screenshot 2 + 3). As I said I have no smartphone and for the moment would very much prefer to use my LR 6.14 as it was before.

I consider deinstalling LR and installing it again from the original CD that I still have, but I could not find the updates to 6.14 anywhere. In my Adobe account my registered LR6 has a button „download“, but this leads to "This installer is no longer available“. The same holds true to any update of LR6.

Regards. My System: Lightroom 6.14, Photoshop CS3, Win 8.2, Nikon DSLR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First- The "Get Started with mobile..." message can be totally ignored. Forget it.

Second- Your Lightroom still appears to be opening as the Perpetual version 6.14-

(If you somehow updated to the Creative Cloud version it TBMK would  show as Lightroom CC2015)

But- Adobe no longer provides upgrades for v6, so I do not see how that could happen.

2021-05-03 09_38_54-LR 6.14 _First steps with Lightroom Mobile_ - Adobe Support Community - 12008319.jpg

"I could open my usual catalogue and all was there and worked fine, just all my previous settings were gone."

What do you mean by "previous settings"? And what are you "looking for" in the AppData folders?.

If your "usual catalog" of photos opened OK then I should think everything would be there. Can you explain in more detail?

Is it possible you deleted the Preferences file?

Everything in your screenshots 2 &3 look totally normal!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant the preferences. Where is that file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"the preferences. Where is that file?"

You will find that information in this link for the 'Lightroom Queen' (Victoria Bampton)-

FILE LOCATIONS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines