• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 6.14 recognizing only 1 photo in a sub-folder to import.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using this version of LR for years but this is the first time I've run into this problem.

In one of the folders that LR does recognize (see possibly related problem below), there are 14 photos. But LR only recognizes and imports one. It doesn't do this with the other subfolders that it recognizes -- it sees and imports all of these photos. I don't have any filters on. Tried removing and putting the photos back in. Makes no difference.

Suggestions? Ideas of what to do to fix this?

POSSIBLY related but different problem I will post separately. This one, also, I've never seen before:

From a folder of 8 subfolders with photos, LR only recognizes 4 of the photos to import. The others, it acts as if they aren't there. I've closed LR, rebooted PC, problem still the same.

There's plenty of space on my hard drive.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can you please list your computer type and operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for not listing in first post. Windows 10 54-bit version. 16gb RAM. Lots of unused diskspace on C and D drives. And Photoshop Elements finds and edits these pix fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using this version of LR for years but this is the first time I've run into this problem.

In one of the folders that LR does recognize (see possibly related problem below), there are 14 photos. But LR only recognizes and imports one. It doesn't do this with the other subfolders that it recognizes -- it sees and imports all of these photos. I don't have any filters on. Tried removing and putting the photos back in. Makes no difference.

By @side_ways

You have probably previously imported the other photos into Lightroom, (accidentally) using COPY instead of ADD, so the photos are already in Lightroom in a different folder, and now you have to find them. Please follow all four of these steps:

1. In the Lightroom Library Module, on the left, under Catalog, click on All Photographs
2. Turn off all filters (Ctrl-L once or twice)
3. Turn off all stacking (Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks)
4. Search for at least one of these photos by file name using the Lightroom Filter Bar

Once you find them, you can move the photos to some other folder if you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I've always been using Add, not Copy. That's not the problem. So thanks for your attempt at helping but problem not yet solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are 100% sure you NEVER accidentally used COPY? How can anyone be sure they never accidentally clicked in the wrong spot? It wouldn't hurt for you to take 2 minutes and search for the photo as I described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure. Even if I used COPY by mistake in the past, this problem occurred first time I tried to import THESE photos. And I know I used ADD then. For every folder, and it's several folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I am as confused as DJ-Paige - trying to think up options.

One thought is that the images that do not import have the same name as others in your catalog and you have "do not import suspected duplicates " checked.

Sometimes LR makes a second copy and adds a —1 etc. But LR will not import the image if it thinks it is already in the catalog.

Sorry - not much help here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF there were photos with the same file name but in a totally different folder, would it still not import? I'd hope it'd be smart enough to distinguish from files of the same name but different folders.

But here's the good news. BEFORE I posted this question, I tried moving the photos to different new folders, just to see if there was something odd about the particular folders LR wasn't recognizing. That didn't solve the problem, so I posted my question. But I have some new photos from last week in a new folder, and they imported fine. So went back, did exact same thing I tried before posting, i.e. moving all the pix to new folders, and now it does recognize and import them correctly. Weird, because I'm doing nothing different!

Thanks for your help and time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well that is great news - ! Glad it finally all worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines