Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 6 Crashes

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dear all,

I had purchased Lightroom 6 P12178-01 through mysoftware in 2016 and have been working wirth it without any trouble. Recently updated my Mac up to 11.0.1 Big Sur and ran into trouble. I deleted LR because it didn´t start anymore. And tried to load it down again. Bute reference is made to the adobe site where I can´t find LR6 as an old version anymore. Is there any chance to get it somewhere with the help of adobe? I´ve still got everythong: Invoice, product key etc.

Thanks in advance

Frank

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 isn't compatible with Big Sur. Adobe has stopped LR 6 and there's no more support.

If you'll work with Lightroom in the future you have to subscribe a CC plan. 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding so quickly. Means that I´ll have to pay again for something I purchased before. That´s adobe strategy. Some of you might remember Quark XPress? It dissapeared due to its arrogance believing they can rule the market to their own demands. The forget the customer. Watch out adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if you can find the LR6 download, it cannot be installed on Big Sur. So your choices are to upgrade your Lightroom to Lightroom Classic 10.0 (the current version as of today) or downgrade your operating system to Mojave (if that is possible)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding so quickly. Means that I´ll have to pay again for something I purchased before. That´s adobe strategy. Some of you might remember Quark XPress? It dissapeared due to its arrogance believing they can rule the market to their own demands. The forget the customer. Watch out adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Means that I´ll have to pay again for something I purchased before. That´s adobe strategy.

That is not Adobe's strategy. This doesn't apply to users of Windows computers, you could install your Lightroom 6 on Windows 7 or Windows 8 or Windows 10 without problem. It only applies to you because Apple decided to not allow 32 bit programs (the installer for Lightroom 6 is 32 bit) to run on Big Sur or Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With respect to LR 6 and Big Sur (Mac OS 11), most of the blame belongs with Apple, which stopped supporting 32-bit programs in Mac OS 10.15  (LR's installer is 32-bit) and introduced other non-compatible changes that screws existing installations of LR 6.  In general, Apple is fairly cavalier about maintaining backward compatibility with software and hardware more than 4 or 5 years.  I don't know a major software vendor that would provide a free update to a 5.5 year old product to run on the current Mac OS.

Windows is much better about maintaining backward compatibility for much, much longer (that's a big part of Microsoft's business model), but that policy is one of the reasons that Windows has all its warts and cruftiness.  I've run LR 4 recently on Windows 10 without issue (haven't tried LR 3 or earlier).

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines