Highlighted

LR 6 won't start anymore!

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my LR6 (non CC) always worked fine on my MacBook Pro, but today, when I started it, it gave an error (16 I believe). I searched for it online and found I had to log out of my cc account and re-log in, but that didn't work. Then I had to change SLCACHE and SLSTORE into -OLD. That didn't do it either, so I changed them back. Now LR will start, but within a second shuts down again with no error message.

What can I do now?

Please help!

Frank

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

LR 6 won't start anymore!

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my LR6 (non CC) always worked fine on my MacBook Pro, but today, when I started it, it gave an error (16 I believe). I searched for it online and found I had to log out of my cc account and re-log in, but that didn't work. Then I had to change SLCACHE and SLSTORE into -OLD. That didn't do it either, so I changed them back. Now LR will start, but within a second shuts down again with no error message.

What can I do now?

Please help!

Frank

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What else happened to your system in that short period of time? Possibly an OS X update?

Please Consider including the following in your question:
Adobe product and version number
Operating system and version number
The full text of any error message (s)
What you were doing when the problem occurred
Screenshots of the problem
Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; the amount of RAM; etc

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2020 0
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing that you should try is to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue. 

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html 

If Lightroom doesn't start correctly the please see "Solution 2" in the document behind the second link. 

Another step is to try to reset the Lightroom preferences. 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/ 

If this doesn't help we need, as Just Shoot Me wrote in his answer, more informations about your environment. 

• Which operating system do you use? 
  • Which version of Lightroom do you use? 

Please post the exact version and not only phrases as "recent", "latest" and so on. 

Do you get an error message? If yes, please posrt the exact message or an screenshot.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Past that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

davidg36166309_0-1593894122119.png

davidg36166309_1-1593894122120.png

davidg36166309_2-1593894122120.png

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, please post a screenshot of the folder your catalog is in, this using Finder.

Please use the Insert Photo button.png

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for trying to help, but ... 

... as Lightroom didn't start, I wasn't able to find the version number (if 6 wasn't what you want to know).

I finally got in contact with Adobe Support and got fed up with the whole thing that I deleted it all and looked for another app that did more or less the same. I found some, but they didn't work as easy as Lr, so I reluctantly took a subscription and downloaded a newer version. Now this newer version is busy (already for 24 hours) to upgrade the library and is about half way. I can't do anything with it now, just wait till it's finished.

For what my problem with LR 6 is concerned ... that case is now closed. If the newer version doesn't work I'll find some other app and learn to use it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2020 0
dj_paige LATEST
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgrading a catalog shouldn't take hours. Something else is wrong, but since you haven't given us any information that was requested, we again request to know your operating system version number and relevant hardware.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2020 0
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I see you have upgraded to the subscription version of Lightroom

There are presently two individual apps. LrC (lightroom Classic) present version 9.3 and Lr (lightroom) see the screen captures which show how each operates.

If you choose the Lightroom app, when you choose to import files it will sync original files up to your creative cloud storage and the process can take a long time and will depend on file type and the speed of your internet connection.

Screenshot 2020-06-24 at 10.20.34 AM copy.pngScreenshot 2020-06-24 at 10.20.10 AM copy.png 

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.7: LrC 10, Lr 4, Ps 22.0,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have upgraded to LrC 9.3 (or at least I am trying to). 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2020 0