• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 9.3 preset bug?

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be error on my side, but whatever way I try to make a preset that will asign "Adobe Neutral" color instead of "Adobe Color",  I get Adobe Standard v2" on imports??

Is it me or LR?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

See the following detail instructions from Julianne Kost, Adobe Evangelist, on creating a preset for Default development setting.

https://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2020/02/how-to-customize-lightroom-classics-default-develop-settings-v9.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmm - discovered it could be me...seems like I have mixed up Adobe Natural and Adobe Neutral ..guess it is not the same?

How do I get Adobe Color (Profile) set to Adobe Neutral (Profile) as default on import? Assume I have to use a preset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want that assigned on import?

Then you have to create an Import preset or a Default profile for that camera.

2020-07-19 09_17_25-LR Classic V9 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding!

I thought I could do it that way and select Color (as shown in your snip picture - drop down menu) and then Color - and then "Adobe Neutral", but is shows "Adobe Natural" wich may mean something else entirely??

Anywhay - if I do that and then import, the Profile setting in DEVELOP BASIC for the imported picture now show "Adobe Standard v2" instead of "Adobe Color" - I was hoping to get "Adobe Neutral". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I trust you are aware that there was a change in the method for creating Default Develop setting for imports commencing LrC version 9.2.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - however, I have never used a preset before, this is my first atempt and I am using 9.3. (using LR for many years, but only as a hobby). So it could well be that I totally misunderstand something here - like any difference between "Adobe Natural" and "Adobe Neutral" -- are they not related at all and used for diffeerent settings?

I think I need to sit down and read the manual. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In previous versions it was, IMHO, very easy to setup camera Default settings based on the camera make, model and serial number. That has changed recently and now for me at least it is much harder to set specific camera defaults.

Not only that but whatever previous camera defaults you had set seem to be Wiped Out. Instead of being carried over with the new system.

I have still not figured out how to make those defaults with this new system so I just leave it at Camera settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the following detail instructions from Julianne Kost, Adobe Evangelist, on creating a preset for Default development setting.

https://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2020/02/how-to-customize-lightroom-classics-default-develop-settings-v...

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you DdeGannes!

That more or less solved it for me! 🙂

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines