• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR & FileVault (Mac) any issues?

Explorer ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to remember that there were cases when enabling FileVault was degrading performance. That was many years ago and I can't find anything here or elsewhere suggesting that there could be issues.

Can we assume that FileVault doesn't cause LR problems?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, I just tested turning on FIleVault on my Mac. using Catalina OS and did not notice anything degraded. 

I normally do not use File Vault, so I am not sure if this is a one time problem or if whatever it was has been resolved.

You can try testing it on and off and see if you see a difference in performance.

It might also depend on operating system and computer model?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should always have this turned on and no it does not cause any performance degradation and hasn't for a very long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks both for the input – much appreciated 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines