• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Catalog Locked

Enthusiast ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I close Lightroom and the next time I attempt to open LR, I get a message that my catalog is locked. I verify with task manager that LR is not running. Only solution has been to delete the lightroom lock file and then all is good, but what is causing this in the first place. Possibly releated....when I do reopen LR, I am taken to the same folder each time whereas in the past, a LR launch would take me to the last file I was working in.

Currently running a catalog backup and optimize to see if it helps.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Optimizing and a catalog backup seems to have done the trick and this time, Lightroom closed and reopened as before. And the last folder opened as well. Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have similar two problems. It's been like this since I upgraded to Lr9.

1. I have a laptop and a large 4K monitor. I often switch between the small laptop monitor (1K) and the large monitor. When doing so, I change the font size in Lightroom from 'Small' to 'Large'. Probably about half the time I get the lightroom locked issue. I didn't know about the lightroom lock file, so the only thing I could figure out was to reboot the computer each time. A bit of a pain.

2. Since upgrading to Lr9 Lightroom ALWAYS opens to exactly the same folder each time. It will keep the same filters and module that I left off with (in another folder), but it always goes back to the same folder every time.

I have optimized/backed up once already. Maybe I'll try it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines