• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR catalogue not seeing smart preview folders

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I take a lot of images so set up new catalogues regularly.   I've opening up one from ~2014 which has been converted on opening to the current format.  LR is saying the originals are missing.  This is 'correct' as the ~68,000 originals are no longer on the hard drive but on a series of back up drives.  I have succesfully reconnected a few folders.   But actually I want to browse the catalogue and identify a few images and for those will locate the originals.  However the catalogue is showing only a smattering of images, pretty much all are saying the the original is missing and it is not picking up the preview folders.   These are all in the same subfolder together on a backup drive.   I'm running Windows 10 and have what ever the current version (March 20) of lightroom classic is. I've rebooted the pc and LR.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Capture.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure what you mean with 'picking up the preview folders'. You will never see smart preview folders in the Lightroom folder panel, if that is what you mean. If there is a smart preview for a particular image, then you see that by the small rectangular icon underneath the histogram, and in case of missing images you will note that the image does not show the infamous exclamation mark.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines