Copied

Previous to 1-2 months ago: 

1. enter keyword

2. realize I made error

3. undo

4. type in correct keyword and undoing removed bad keyword from list

Now

1.-3. same

4. type in correct and as I'm typing, error keyword is predicted until I "override" prediction by finishing corectly typed keyword.

In this latter case, both correct and incorrect keywords have added to my already-too-long list, and needs to be manually removed. 

This has slowed my workflow since I rely heavily on keywording to database my images and if I don't stop and delete each error keyword from list, it'll always be in there, temping me on the next use to use the error instead of correct.

Is this a bug? Did it come with a new update? Maybe I should just enter more carefully? 😕

Any help would be greatly appreciated and could hopefully help others. 

Thanks!

Max in Queens

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Glad the problem has gone away.  LR 9.2 fixed the bug for newly deleted/undone keywords, but perhaps it didn't completely or immediately correct bogus entries in its auto-complete data created by LR 9.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I don't observe that in my LR 9.2 / Mac OS 10.14.6.  When I do Undo in step 3, the incorrect keyword disappears from the list. As I type the correct keyword in step 4, the incorrect keyword appears in the auto-complete list, but when I hit return after typing the correct keyword, only the correct keyword appears in the keyword list. See this screen recording: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mq1hsbsg8k6rw6h/keyword-undo.2020.03.09.mov?dl=0

Initial troubleshooting:

1. Do Help > System Info and copy/paste the first ten lines here.

2. If you're not on the latest version (9.2), do Help > Updates. There were bugs in auto-complete in recent previous versions that are supposed to be fixed in 9.2.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, I’m indebted to you for taking time out of your day to help. I apologize for not providing all relevant info, and one point to clarify.

Running LR Classic 9.2 Raw 12.2

Mojave 10.4.5 (haven’t updated to Catalina for other reasons)

After seeing the helpful video you provided I realize that I didn’t identify the problem/change correctly. The problem is not that the keyword stays in the keyword list after undo, it’s that it stays in the auto-complete list, which had not been the case previous to last few months. 

For my particular case I have thousands of keywords, so if I’m entering one I know the first couple characters of, having two similar auto-completes appear—one of which I entered for less than a second by accident before undoing—it halts my workflow. And it can often result in entering the wrong auto-complete which in turn adds the wrong keyword to the list, likely leading me to falsely think "undoing" left the keyword in the list vs. auto complete list. 

So you have correctly identified that the faulty entry removes from the actual list after undoing and not from the auto-complete (prediction) list, which is what’s so crucial for me to keep straight. 

If there were to be a way to delete the auto-complete list, would LR be able to re-generate another from the keyword list? Any suggestions or help breaking down this issue further would be greatly appreciated. 

Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I mistakenly tested your steps with LR 9.1 (which I had installed for other testing). I reinstalled LR 9.2, and I can no longer reproduce the problem -- Undo removes the keyword from both the keyword list and the auto-complete list. Adobe reported that LR 9.2 fixed a problem with deleted keywords still showing up in the auto-complete list, and my mistaken use of 9.1 confirms that the bug was fixed in my 9.2:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/deleting-a-keyword-from-the-keyword-list-does...

Does the problem still occur with a brand new mistaken keyword, one you're sure you've never entered before?

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, a little pause in the normal routines with coronavirus. Thanks for hanging tight and I hope you and yours are well. Thanks again taking the time and yes I have an update.

Miraculously, the problem has disappeared. To clarify, if I enter new keyword and undo, the auto-predict does not predict the undone entry. 

I don't believe I updated anything -- any idea what may have fixed it for us? 

Regardless, this is a resounding success for my own workflow, and hopefully others' too. 

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad the problem has gone away.  LR 9.2 fixed the bug for newly deleted/undone keywords, but perhaps it didn't completely or immediately correct bogus entries in its auto-complete data created by LR 9.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was a known bug of LR 9 and 9.1. It has been fixed in LR 9.2, as verified by several users including me.

Therefore it's strange you still get it.

To answer your question, the suggested list is kept in the helper.db database which is in the folder
<catalog> Helper.lrdata. You can delete this database, LR will rebuild it with an empty sugested keyword list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines