Copied

Previous to 1-2 months ago: 

1. enter keyword

2. realize I made error

3. undo

4. type in correct keyword and undoing removed bad keyword from list

Now

1.-3. same

4. type in correct and as I'm typing, error keyword is predicted until I "override" prediction by finishing corectly typed keyword.

In this latter case, both correct and incorrect keywords have added to my already-too-long list, and needs to be manually removed. 

This has slowed my workflow since I rely heavily on keywording to database my images and if I don't stop and delete each error keyword from list, it'll always be in there, temping me on the next use to use the error instead of correct.

Is this a bug? Did it come with a new update? Maybe I should just enter more carefully? 😕

Any help would be greatly appreciated and could hopefully help others. 

Thanks!

Max in Queens

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by johnrellis | Most Valuable Participant

Glad the problem has gone away.  LR 9.2 fixed the bug for newly deleted/undone keywords, but perhaps it didn't completely or immediately correct bogus entries in its auto-complete data created by LR 9.1.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

LR: change in keyword functionality? Undoing used to erase from keyword list

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previous to 1-2 months ago: 

1. enter keyword

2. realize I made error

3. undo

4. type in correct keyword and undoing removed bad keyword from list

Now

1.-3. same

4. type in correct and as I'm typing, error keyword is predicted until I "override" prediction by finishing corectly typed keyword.

In this latter case, both correct and incorrect keywords have added to my already-too-long list, and needs to be manually removed. 

This has slowed my workflow since I rely heavily on keywording to database my images and if I don't stop and delete each error keyword from list, it'll always be in there, temping me on the next use to use the error instead of correct.

Is this a bug? Did it come with a new update? Maybe I should just enter more carefully? 😕

Any help would be greatly appreciated and could hopefully help others. 

Thanks!

Max in Queens

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by johnrellis | Most Valuable Participant

Glad the problem has gone away.  LR 9.2 fixed the bug for newly deleted/undone keywords, but perhaps it didn't completely or immediately correct bogus entries in its auto-complete data created by LR 9.1.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Lauca LATEST
Engaged ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a known bug of LR 9 and 9.1. It has been fixed in LR 9.2, as verified by several users including me.

Therefore it's strange you still get it.

To answer your question, the suggested list is kept in the helper.db database which is in the folder
<catalog> Helper.lrdata. You can delete this database, LR will rebuild it with an empty sugested keyword list.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines