• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lr Class import photos locks program

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone figured out a workaround to get Lr Classic Release 9.0 to import .NEF raw files on Windows 10? This problem seems to have been around for months now. Any hope here?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To import NEF files shold not need a workaround!. (It works very well for me)

But there are some things you can check-

-Use a Card Reader in preference to the Camera<>USB connection. More secure and faster.

-In the "Source" panel of the Import dialog- Instead of simply selecting a 'Device'- Expand the card folder heirarchy and select the folder of images-  eg. my 102ND750

ScreenShot589.jpg

-Double check the 'Destination' panel to be sure you are copying the camera files to the correct Folder.

ScreenShot590.jpg

-Check that the Folder where you intend to save the files has full Read/Write permissions.

-Check that any External Drive (set as Destination) is connected and accessible.

-Check that you have enough free Drive space for the Imported files.  (Some people suggest as much as 20% minimum free).

Lightroom "Locking" or "Not Responding" often means that Lightroom is having difficulties locating System folders.

Now post any error messages you see when Importing.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines