• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic 8.3.1: Edit in Photoshop CC 2019 doesn't work

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom Classic 8.3.1 with ACR 11.3 on a Mac running latest Mojave (18A391) and when I try to use the 'Edit in Photoshop CC 2019' command, or the 'Open as Layers in Photoshop' command PS opens and nothing else happens. They're on the Mac's internal hard drive. They exist locally as Originals and Smart Previews. I'm set up to edit from Smart Previews but like I say both versions exist locally.

Serious, serious issue.

I went on Adobe support and they offered to take over my screen to diagnose and solve the problem and that was a total farce: he went to LR, maximised the window which on a Mac TOTALLY maximises the window, then he just wandered around the screen trying to hide controls and bring them back and work out how to get back to the Finder, all while typing questions to me in the message box I couldn't see because he'd maximised LR, questions he'd already asked me in the pre-takeover chat ("How did you import these raws, are they on this hard drive, or an external hard drive).

I've tried deleting both ACR folders from the Library folders and re-installing ACR 10.5 instead and going back to 11.3 and oh god nothing works. Well, actually, this one time it DID work, but then the next time I tried it it didn't work, and i have NO idea what's going on.

What's going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One possibility- A 'rogue' copy version of Photoshop that opens instead of the correct one-

Edit In command doesn't open your image in Photoshop | Mac OS

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have one copy of the software installed via the CC menu, and the backup drive isn’t connected at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the command, and  am being picky with a reason

a) Edit in Photoshop CC 2019

or

b) Edit in Adobe Photoshop CC 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s Adobe Photoshop CC 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spent another 90 minutes with Adobe support in India who took over my screen again, and spent so very long changing permissions on any and everything Adobe related on my hard drive, reinstalling ACR11.3, resetting all my preferences in the apps, tweaking the cache levels a bit at a time, and nothing worked. Had to get back to work in the end so ended the screen share and he suggested I update my OS as he’d noticed that needed doing, but made no difference.

the frustrating thing is I HAVE managed to make this work ONE time in the last week through some combination of deleting ACR files and reinstalling either 10.5 or 11.3 but I can’t remember what I did!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And did you do the 8 steps in the link I gave above in Reply#1?

My next advice would be to run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool and then re-install Lr & Ps.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah I didn’t spot the link. Will check that out, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I checked the link. Those steps didn't fix the problem. Like I say, I only have one copy of the software installed, and the backup drive isn't connected. So it's opening the correct version of PS anyway. But even with those steps, nothing changes.

Will look at the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool but going to need to go find where LR keeps all my Presets first so I don't lose any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A good link for File Locations-

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-classic-file-locations/

Probably wise to make backups of all these locations, including the Catalog.

Edit: I read your very first post again and note- "They exist locally as Originals and Smart Previews. I'm set up to edit from Smart Previews".

Did you try turning off the Lr preference to use Smart Previews?

And why are you using Smart Previews? Speed?

Did you confirm that the Originals were in fact available for Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines