• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic 8.3 not responding on Mac

Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use LR Classic 8.3.1 (fully updated) on a Mac with 32GB of memory, but keep getting the "not responding" response and when I look at Activity Monitor I see that LR is using above 126% of CPU. I don't understand how it can use more than 100%.

When it eventually starts responding, I try to use the Adjustment Brush, and it almost immediately returns to 'not responding'.

One of the files I am trying to develop is 440 Megapixels

It is impossible to use at the moment.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That shouldn't be happening, let's make it right.

As Lightroom Classic is using a lot of memory on the Mac, could you please try turning off the GPU option from Lightroom's preferences by going to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom and let us know if it helps?

Also, please let us know when did this start happening, after a certain update?

You may try the steps mentioned on this article and see how it goes: Optimize Lightroom performance

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem, since version 8.3.1. (Maybe since version 8.3.0)

I have GPU processing turned off.

OS is Mac High Sierra 10.13.6

40 GB RAM

108 GB free on 1 TB hd (now considering moving this to a larger drive to leave more free space, but that SHOULD be enough to work freely, shouldn't it?)

My catalog is 4.39 GB, and I worry this might be too much, but wasn't having nearly the unbearably slow performance issues on other recent versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sahil.Chawla,

Turning off Graphics Processor has certainly helped, but I still get the unresponsive message and I have noticed the CPU usage going up as high as 208%.

I do not have 20% of my hard drive available at the moment, but there are 65 GB free.

This problem has been going on for months, so cannot give you a time when it started.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for providing the information. Could you please let me know the operating system you're on?

Also, could you try updating Lightroom to version 8.3.1 via the Creative Cloud desktop app and let us know if it helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using MacOS Mojave 10.14.5 on an iMac 27"

I will also add that I have just tried to send an image to Photoshop from LR, and Photoshop responded by posting 'Could not complete the command because of a program error.' LR was using over 298% CPU.

I am already using version 8.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you are too short on hard drive space on the drive your catalog is located in. The key figure being less than 20% remaining.

https://www.creative-photographer.com/lightroom-space-part-1/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

440 Megapixels? might be more efficient in PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines