Highlighted

LR Classic 9.1 Error: "An internal error has occurred: ?:0: attempt to index a nil value"

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this error when removing rejected files from the disk within Lightroom Classic CC (latest version 9.1).

Here's what I've done so far and my tests:

• My main catalog I rebuilt (re-created) from scratch using the latest version of LR Classic so it's not an upgraded catalog.
  • I've even created a new catalog with just one file in it (along with Smart previews and a 1:1 preview) and get the same rror.
  • I also get this error on both of my computers,. so I'm thinking it may not be specific to the install, or the catalog itself.
  • I've double checked the files and they are NOT read-only or hidden.  All users on the computer have full read/write access to the files, so there should be no limits there (they are stored on an external drive though, but that shouldn't matter).
  • I didn't have this problem in earlier versions of LR Classic CC (prior to 9.1).
  •  I'm using a Windows 10 Home PC (both computers run that version).
  • I've even removed and re-install Lightrom classic CC on both computers but still get the error.

So far, I haven't noticed any errors in my catalog, and when I tell LR to run the Integrity Check, it passes (no problems).  I even asked LR to find any missing files, and it doesn't find any missing files, and when verifying all previews/DNGs, that also passes without issue.  So basically no signs of corruption of any sort.

Any idea on this?

I've seen that this has been a problem in the past, but never found a solution as to why.  I mainly don't want to get down the road and realize that all of my LR catalog backups (which Id o on a daily basis) are corrupt and I've lost everything in terms of edits.  I have started exporting edits to XMP files just as a backup, but it's an extra step.

Possibly a poorly implimented plug-in. One suspect would be Logitech Options

Topics

Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

LR Classic 9.1 Error: "An internal error has occurred: ?:0: attempt to index a nil value"

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this error when removing rejected files from the disk within Lightroom Classic CC (latest version 9.1).

Here's what I've done so far and my tests:

• My main catalog I rebuilt (re-created) from scratch using the latest version of LR Classic so it's not an upgraded catalog.
  • I've even created a new catalog with just one file in it (along with Smart previews and a 1:1 preview) and get the same rror.
  • I also get this error on both of my computers,. so I'm thinking it may not be specific to the install, or the catalog itself.
  • I've double checked the files and they are NOT read-only or hidden.  All users on the computer have full read/write access to the files, so there should be no limits there (they are stored on an external drive though, but that shouldn't matter).
  • I didn't have this problem in earlier versions of LR Classic CC (prior to 9.1).
  •  I'm using a Windows 10 Home PC (both computers run that version).
  • I've even removed and re-install Lightrom classic CC on both computers but still get the error.

So far, I haven't noticed any errors in my catalog, and when I tell LR to run the Integrity Check, it passes (no problems).  I even asked LR to find any missing files, and it doesn't find any missing files, and when verifying all previews/DNGs, that also passes without issue.  So basically no signs of corruption of any sort.

Any idea on this?

I've seen that this has been a problem in the past, but never found a solution as to why.  I mainly don't want to get down the road and realize that all of my LR catalog backups (which Id o on a daily basis) are corrupt and I've lost everything in terms of edits.  I have started exporting edits to XMP files just as a backup, but it's an extra step.

Topics

Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.3, PS 21.2; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.5; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that was it.  I don't know why this is enabled by default unless it only affects users of Logitech devices.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is installed when you install the Logitech support software for the mouse or keyboard

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.3, PS 21.2; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.5; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Woofy LATEST
Explorer ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Logitech Options, and the error did not happen again

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines