Highlighted

LR Classic 9.2.1 won't open image to edit in PS nor open PS

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 9.2.1 edit in Photoshop and nothing happens. If PS is running, nothing happens. If not, PS doesn't open.

However, if I select Edit as Smart Object in Photoshop, it does open.

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

LR Classic 9.2.1 won't open image to edit in PS nor open PS

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 9.2.1 edit in Photoshop and nothing happens. If PS is running, nothing happens. If not, PS doesn't open.

However, if I select Edit as Smart Object in Photoshop, it does open.

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 25, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry that Lightroom Classic is not opening Photoshop while editing in an image. Would you mind checking out the steps mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/edit-photoshop-command-missing-photoshop.html and let us know if that helps? 

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your OS?

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, where, what drive, what folder do you keep the photos in?

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replies. Nothing cured it until, for separate reasons, I reinstalled win 10. I had tried deleting LR & PS and reinstalling before but to no avail. It now seems to be working, so what was the issue? Probably a plugin or similar in either LR or PS as currently there are none except my stalwart topaz suite. so it works. Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although never enjoyable, there are times when applications need to have their preferences reset or perhaps the applications uninstalled and then reinstalled.

Great to hear that it is now working.

warmly/j

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke too soon. This behaviour is back once I finished installing my plugins into PS (Just the Topaz AI range). Can't for the life of me imagine how Topaz could be the culprit. I give up! It is a minor inconvenience!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/Edit/hmm, you may have already tried the following. But note, I am refering to an entire third party program install, not just the plugins.

Have you tried reinstalling the third party programs like your Topaz. Probably no reason to uninstall, just go and reinstall. Might want to check for  new versions before you do that.

A ways back, Adobe changed file locations for plug-ins. I doubt if that is the current issue, certantly not if you are going from say v9.1 to 9.2. But that old experiance gives cause to reinstalling thinks like NIK, when such an occurance shows up.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK now I've reinstalled everything, it works, except for the strange behaviour of the image in photoshop opening on the second monitor not the main one. As this is a brand new install of Windows I'm puzzled. Graphics card drivers are up to date too.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2nd monitor

Ohh, dirty word. That info changes things.

Not a second monitor user, so no first hand experiance. BUT, the behavor, or better yet poor behavor involving dual screens may point to other issues

Issues with GPU settings outside of Lightroom Classic (a NVIDIA control panel to tweek)

Issues with preferences and option within Lightroom Classic, and Photoshop, revoving around monitors.

Hopefuly a member with exoeriance in such will call out.

see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/displaying-library-second-monitor.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2020 0