Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic 9.4: Copied Develop Settings Will Not Paste Into Selected Image

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm running Lightroom Classic 9.4 / Camera Raw 12. 4 on Windows 10 Pro. Since upgrading the products recently via prior versions, I'm no longer able to copy and paste develop settings from one image to another. I was definitely able to do this easily before, in whatever the prior LR release was.

Steps to reproduce the problem--

In Develop mode, I have the filmstrip along the bottom. I select an image to work on, and make adjustments via the panel at right. For example, changing Exposure. I then right-click the filmstrip thumbnail of the selected image, and choose Develop Settings / Copy Settings / Copy (with default checkbox items checked).

I then select a different image in the filmstrip, and the image loads. I right-click the new thumbnail, and choose Develop Settings / Paste Settings. Nothing happens-- none of the copied Tone settings (e.g. Exposure) are reflected in the new selected image.

Can anyone please help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of images are you copying from and pasting to? Do you get any error message? Can you go to the target image and make the adjustments manually? Can you copy in the reverse direction?

I've not found a way to duplicate this issue. Perhaps a screen shot would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply and interest. To answer your questions--

I'm trying to copy and paste Develop settings between uploaded photographs in Sony Camera Raw format. No error messages. I did notice after trying to paste, that "Auto" came on in the right panel / Tone section.

>Can you copy in the reverse direction?

Yes, I can copy in the reverse direction, thanks for the great suggestion to try. I'm finding some "source" photos can copy to "target" photos, but not others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines