Highlighted

LR Classic 9.4 not startup. Keeps running in background no window

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

since the installation of LR Classic 9.4 the Lightroom.exe is running ( taskmanger) and spent 12% CPU load. No window no startscreen nothing. 

Using win 10 2004 64bit / NVIDIA Studio Driver 452.06 

May be the deinstallation of a datacolor spyder checkr software is a problem?

A deinstallation and reinstallation (no delete of settings) of LR will lead to nothing.

PS is running.

Any ideas?

Thx Alexander

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

LR Classic 9.4 not startup. Keeps running in background no window

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

since the installation of LR Classic 9.4 the Lightroom.exe is running ( taskmanger) and spent 12% CPU load. No window no startscreen nothing. 

Using win 10 2004 64bit / NVIDIA Studio Driver 452.06 

May be the deinstallation of a datacolor spyder checkr software is a problem?

A deinstallation and reinstallation (no delete of settings) of LR will lead to nothing.

PS is running.

Any ideas?

Thx Alexander

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 13, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a dual monitor situation?

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 13, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checked for lock file?

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted all lrcat.lock, lrcat-shm lrcat-wal for my catalog before starting LR. The LR lrcat file and my pictures are 

stored online over Cloud Station Drive of Synology. What i see is that LR tries to access permanently the  lrcat-shm and lrcat-wal file of my catalog.I disabled the sync of these files to my synology NAS. LR is starting ... but no screen.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If, in Task Manager, you stop LrC, then you try starting LrC again, any joy?

Hmm see the following, kill the LrC process in Task Manager, reboot, and reset preferences

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/after-closing-lightroom-6-9-the-process-remai...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I follow the discription. Additional a stop my synchronisation of the LR catalog files with my Synology NAS.

The reset preference dialog is comming up. So I reset the preferences and choose my catolog file.

After the selection nothing happens anymore. I change into the folder where my lrcat file is located.

What I see is that the lrcat-shm and lrcat-wal files are appearing and disappearing very frequently in the folder. I looks like a loop in the startup.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So people don't have to download the image you have attached to your post please Edit your post to remove the Attached screen shot and Include it in the body of the text of your post.

You do that by Clicking the "More..." link at the bottom of your post, Selecting "Edit Message" and then use the "Insert Photos" icon in the tool bar at the top of the Post/Reply/Edit dialog box like this.

2020-06-07 19_13_42-Camera Raw Brush tool problem - Adobe Support Community - 11189555.png
Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this hint.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not seen the "Task Manager resident- and no Lightroom" problem for quite a long time.

However this procedure might be worth trying: (Suggest you backup your Preferences file in case you want to restore it.)

1. Do a computer reboot/re-start
  2. Open Lightroom-Classic
  3. Open the Task Manager. (CTRL+ALT+DELETE)  or (Windows Key +X  : T)
  4. Right-Click on the App- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom-
  5. Select the option "Go to details"-
  6. Right-Click on "Lightroom.exe"
  7. Click on [Set Priority]
  8. Set the Priority to "High"
  9. Close Task Manager.
  10. Close all programs and Re-Boot the computer
  11. Hold down [SHIFT+ALT] as you open Lightroom-Classic to Reset the Preferences file.
  12. Check LR closes correctly.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.0, Photoshop 22.0, Lightroom 4.0, Windows-10. Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I follow the discription. Additional a stop my synchronisation of the LR catalog files with my Synology NAS.

The reset preference dialog is comming up. So I reset the preferences and choose my catolog file.

After the selection nothing happens anymore. I change into the folder where my lrcat file is located.

What I see is that the lrcat-shm and lrcat-wal files are appearing and disappearing very frequently in the folder. I looks like a loop in the startup.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0