Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic can't edit in photoshop cc

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi:

it's nothing happened open photo edit to Photoshop or edit in app . both can't open in Photoshop cc

only mart object can edit in Photoshop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi masktao,

Please refer this article 'Edit In Photoshop' command missing and let us know if the solutions listed helps in opening images from Lr Classic to Photoshop CC.

Also, Which version of Photoshop are you using?

Thanks.

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi:

thanks for relay. 'Edit In Photoshop' command missing not help for me. my registry it's fine

Photoshop cc 2018 can launch but can't open image form LR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If with PS closed or open you try from LR to open a file for editing in PS, and you get all PS features grayed out, as I have, and tried several times finally getting PS to function properly, I found that changing Preferences:General in PS to CHECK the Disable the Home Screen option - in other words block it from starting when PS starts - everything works flawlessly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using a previously recommended solution that required that I opened both LR & PS in admin mode ( even though I was signed on as an administrator. Your solution works for me and is less hassle. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am having exactly the same problem. Following the actions in the "'Edit in Photoshop' command missing" hasn't worked. I have just installed Lightroom Classic CC and then updated Photoshop to Photoshop CC 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not having the same problem - did you ever find an answer?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MeganMilne,

Could you please try reinstalling Photoshop from the Creative Cloud desktop app and ensure that the image you're working on is not missing in Lightroom?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, software just updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having a very similar problem to that described by the OP, namely, whenever I tried to use the "Edit In..." command from LL Classic, hoping it would allow me to continue editing that single image in PS CC 2018 (64 bit). 

Unfortunately, nothing would happen for 4 or 5 minutes, then LR usually put up a window saying that "LR couldn't open PS CC 2018".  Then, much to my surprise, as soon as I clicked, "OK", to get rid of that warning window, PS CC 2018 opened, with the image from LR displayed properly.  This behavior was not entirely consistent, in that sometimes, PS would never start (or maybe I just didn't wait long enough).

Since I really wanted to be able to use the convenient "Edit in ..." command, I've been looking around for a solution to this.  I just tried a suggestion by Jeff Van de Walker (apparently, an employee of Adobe) from the following thread and it partially worked. Link:

Lightroom: "Edit In..." no longer works consistently in Lightroom 5.4 | Photoshop Family Customer Co... ​

His suggestion was to add a text file called config.lua to the LR presets folder.  In my case (Win 10), this folder was at:

C:\Users\TJM\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom .

I added this file, and PS 2018 (64 bit) would immediately start up.  Unfortunately, no image would be displayed by PS.

This is driving me crazy.  If anyone has any suggestions as to what may be going on, I would appreciate it.

BTW, the LR "Edit in" command was working absolutely fine until I manually installed a copy of PS 2018 (32 bits) a couple of months ago because I needed to use some of my very old favorite plugins.  When this happened, I tried uninstalling both programs, cleaning out any left-over debris (using both Revo and CClean), and reinstalling all three programs, LR, PS 2018 (32) and PS 2018 (64 bit).  I tried installing them in different orders, and it mad absolutely no difference.

Thanks for any light you might shed on this.

Tom M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS - For the record, I also tried going into the registry (Win 10) as suggested in this thread:

'Edit In Photoshop' command missing

The idea was to, if necessary, add a couple of new lines to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\  .

Fortunately, those lines in that section of my registry were already there and they were already perfectly correct, so that suggestion didn't help, either.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I missed your note.  Was this resolved?  I'm still stuck.

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue. Today, I updated Photoshop CC 2017 to Photoshop CC 2018 and my Photoshop CC 2017 was still showing up in Lightroom under Photo > Edit In. Also, the options for opening the images as layers, smart objects, pano or HDR were greyed out. After much searching, I finally found a solution under the help files. Please see the info below. I was unable to find the com.adobe.Photoshop.plist file, so I had to use the instructions to access hidden user library files, which were as follows:

• In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder.

• In the Go To Folder dialog box, type ~/Library

• Click Go.

Solution 1: Rebuild the Photoshop plist file.

• Close Photoshop Lightroom.
  • Navigate to the //Users/[user name]/LIbrary/Preferences/ folder.
  • Drag the com.adobe.Photoshop.plist file in the Trash.

Important: Apple made the user library folder hidden by default with the release of Mac OS X 10.7 and later. If you need access to files in the hidden library folder to perform Adobe-related troubleshooting, see How to access hidden user library files.

Solution 2: Uninstall and reinstall Photoshop.

To uninstall Photoshop, use the uninstall application in the //Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers/ folder. Then reinstall from your original media and install all product updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all the go arounds for deleting the .plist file & uninstalling both softwares, still no luck. ALL the the options for "Edit in..." are all greyed out; opening the image in Photoshop, in other application, as layers, smart objects, pano or HDR.  Could it be a bug with the new updates that have just come out?  My issue also JUST started, I've never had an issue with this before & I use this function often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JUST HAD A BREAKTHROUGH!

I have all my imagery on external drives but with smart previews I can do all editing functions without them once they're imported into LR.  I PLUGGED IN MY EXTERNAL DRIVE where the DNGs & RAW files live, & the "Edit in Photoshop" command became available again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! You cannot edit Smart previews in Photoshop. You must be able to pass the master images. If you are just working with the Smart previews, edit in Photoshop will be disabled in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.

I using High Sierra 10.13.4. Yesterday made full OS reinstall. Lightroom and Photoshop have last updates.

Tried: fully reinstall, LR and PS previous versions, move raw on external and local hard drive, delete .plist files.

Working only Open as Smart Object. Not using any plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found solution! Problem was in LR catalog location. I uninstall LR and PS, used Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool (Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems ) and moved my catalog from external hard drive to local.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MY SOLUTION. I had the same problem, reinstalled PS etc. Then I realised it was because my original photos (on an external drive) were not accessible, only previews..! Plugged in the drive and all good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I seem to be having the same issues as other folks in this forum but I also noticed that I no longer have Photoshop Classic on my apps list.  Wondering what's going on and how to fix it.

S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no "Photoshop Classic" app.

The Adobe apps are: "Lightroom CC Classic" (latest version is 7.4) and Photoshop CC (latest version is 2108/Ver 19.1.5.

Which app are you asking about?  What is your operating system, OSx or Windows?

PS, the full name is Photoshop Lightroom CC Classic but that is seldom used except at Adobe.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked and you are correct, it was Lightroom Classic I was thinking of.  In any case, when I right click to edit in photoshop all the export options are all greyed out.  I'm on a mac sierra 10.12.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basic questions-

Do you have Photoshop installed by the Creative Cloud Desktop App? ("In the list"?)

Can you open photos directly with Photoshop (not by Lightroom)?

Do you use Smart Previews in Lightroom?

Are your photos stored on an external drive?

Edit:

What do you mean by "all the export options..."

Passing photos to Photoshop is an "Edit-In" procedure- not an "Export"!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your assistance, I think I've figured out the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What solved it for me was to to turn off the "Show "Start" Workspace when no documents are open" in Ps CC 2018 General Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines