Highlighted

LR Classic can't edit in photoshop cc

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi:

it's nothing happened open photo edit to Photoshop or edit in app . both can't open in Photoshop cc

only mart object can edit in Photoshop

Topics

Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

LR Classic can't edit in photoshop cc

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi:

it's nothing happened open photo edit to Photoshop or edit in app . both can't open in Photoshop cc

only mart object can edit in Photoshop

Topics

Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi masktao,

Please refer this article 'Edit In Photoshop' command missing and let us know if the solutions listed helps in opening images from Lr Classic to Photoshop CC.

Also, Which version of Photoshop are you using?

Thanks.

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi:

thanks for relay. 'Edit In Photoshop' command missing not help for me. my registry it's fine

Photoshop cc 2018 can launch but can't open image form LR

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If with PS closed or open you try from LR to open a file for editing in PS, and you get all PS features grayed out, as I have, and tried several times finally getting PS to function properly, I found that changing Preferences:General in PS to CHECK the Disable the Home Screen option - in other words block it from starting when PS starts - everything works flawlessly.

3 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using a previously recommended solution that required that I opened both LR & PS in admin mode ( even though I was signed on as an administrator. Your solution works for me and is less hassle. Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am having exactly the same problem. Following the actions in the "'Edit in Photoshop' command missing" hasn't worked. I have just installed Lightroom Classic CC and then updated Photoshop to Photoshop CC 2018.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not having the same problem - did you ever find an answer?!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MeganMilne,

Could you please try reinstalling Photoshop from the Creative Cloud desktop app and ensure that the image you're working on is not missing in Lightroom?

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, software just updated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having a very similar problem to that described by the OP, namely, whenever I tried to use the "Edit In..." command from LL Classic, hoping it would allow me to continue editing that single image in PS CC 2018 (64 bit). 

Unfortunately, nothing would happen for 4 or 5 minutes, then LR usually put up a window saying that "LR couldn't open PS CC 2018".  Then, much to my surprise, as soon as I clicked, "OK", to get rid of that warning window, PS CC 2018 opened, with the image from LR displayed properly.  This behavior was not entirely consistent, in that sometimes, PS would never start (or maybe I just didn't wait long enough).

Since I really wanted to be able to use the convenient "Edit in ..." command, I've been looking around for a solution to this.  I just tried a suggestion by Jeff Van de Walker (apparently, an employee of Adobe) from the following thread and it partially worked. Link:

Lightroom: "Edit In..." no longer works consistently in Lightroom 5.4 | Photoshop Family Customer Co...

His suggestion was to add a text file called config.lua to the LR presets folder.  In my case (Win 10), this folder was at:

C:\Users\TJM\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom .

I added this file, and PS 2018 (64 bit) would immediately start up.  Unfortunately, no image would be displayed by PS.

This is driving me crazy.  If anyone has any suggestions as to what may be going on, I would appreciate it.

BTW, the LR "Edit in" command was working absolutely fine until I manually installed a copy of PS 2018 (32 bits) a couple of months ago because I needed to use some of my very old favorite plugins.  When this happened, I tried uninstalling both programs, cleaning out any left-over debris (using both Revo and CClean), and reinstalling all three programs, LR, PS 2018 (32) and PS 2018 (64 bit).  I tried installing them in different orders, and it mad absolutely no difference.

Thanks for any light you might shed on this.

Tom M

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines