Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic can't edit in photoshop cc

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi:

it's nothing happened open photo edit to Photoshop or edit in app . both can't open in Photoshop cc

only mart object can edit in Photoshop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if I got lucky...but I kept digging around in the different menus.  I noticed that the option under plugin extras was RAF to DNG converter option.  I thought that was odd because I import as dng.  What can it hurt.  I ran the option and magically everything worked.  It would appear to me there is some kind of glitch in the download and convert option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a shortcut for classic and set it to run as administrator in its properties, then I opened from that shortcut and viola.  It’s all working.  Running converters and other workarounds changes running permissions.  My guess here is that most apps need higher than normal permissions to open other apps.  A requirement of the rootless mode security.  Just run as admin.  It works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything including reinstalling both LR and PS CC . Harley’s suggestion of opening the apps as an administrator worjked for me but I had to open both apps  (PS and LR) as an administrator before starting my work. Just opening LR as an administrator and allowing it to open PS when it passed a file over did not fix the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stop stop stop.

Is this is the issue where when from LR you send an image over to PS and many menu items are grayed out.

As might happen when you select edit in Photoshop???

IF so

Known issue.

Keep seeing this problem, now to be fair this particular posting by the OP is older than most if not all the others, so, I won’t say, geeezzz read other postings.

moving on. Enough venting.

Workaround, start PS before havin LR send an image to PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably not, the OP is from before the new update PS 20.0.1 was issued, causing the problem you describe.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol.  Youre all really great.  You test me on my thechie knowledge as mom would say.

To pass files as arguments into an app and still keep the owner, or pass the originating app as a second argument requires administrator permission as root.  This allows changing the status flags of the file in protected memory, and allows other programs to open the file in a shadow mode, with a copy of the data pointing a save operation back to the original file in active memory, and showing changes in every app where the file is open.  the security features of windows using the UAE that prompts you about apps that need this kind of permission prevents some viruses wreaking havoc on your files.

in other words, your account is an administrator, and will open all apps that have that restriction, using your credentials.  If you are a power user, some apps will allow the same kind of access if your main business network passes those creds into them (server based businesses).  However, other user types will need an admin to type in a password to let those apps run.  Using the UAE (user access extensions) In windows forwards the creds when you set the flag on all the apps.

Short version:

I SET EVERY ADOBE APP I USE WITH DYNAMIC LINKAGE TO RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR, then put up with my computer asking if I want the app to run.  I get a feeling of security from the Idea that even command prompt tools or silent running services will have to ask me if they can run at least the first time.

ive gotten this to work with third party apps the same way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou for both the solution and explanation. it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! I was coming close to pulling my hair out and crying out of pure frustration! I had never had this issue before and then it just happened to me when I started working on a new gallery. No settings had changed, I had uninstalled and reinstalled both programs, made sure my computer was entirely up to date, everything I could think of. This is the only solution that I have found! Thank you so much for posting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have both open as admin for all users.  It works for me still.  That way they both have the same security context, and can access the same working memory without issue.  I can save several formats out of photoshop and they all will then show up in lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines