• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR classic catalog on hard drive

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I want to to use LRC on both my macbook as on my iMac. All my raw images are installed on a extrenal harddrive. I cant synchronise a catalog between the 2 systems. Can I save my catalog on the external harddrive and that way work on both systems with the same catalog? Or does the catalog need to be stored locally? Thats for thinking with me. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic does not much mind where the Catalog is stored. On the external drive would be the simplest to implement: LrC will regard that as a local drive. At the same time, the addressing of the images themselves will remain the same for either context. What would not work, for opening a Catalog from, is a networked location (though that would be OK for images).     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition of Richard's answer here you'll find additional informations

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-to-lightroom-catalog-multiple-computers/

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines