Highlighted

LR classic catalog on hard drive

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I want to to use LRC on both my macbook as on my iMac. All my raw images are installed on a extrenal harddrive. I cant synchronise a catalog between the 2 systems. Can I save my catalog on the external harddrive and that way work on both systems with the same catalog? Or does the catalog need to be stored locally? Thats for thinking with me. 

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

LR classic catalog on hard drive

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I want to to use LRC on both my macbook as on my iMac. All my raw images are installed on a extrenal harddrive. I cant synchronise a catalog between the 2 systems. Can I save my catalog on the external harddrive and that way work on both systems with the same catalog? Or does the catalog need to be stored locally? Thats for thinking with me. 

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 29, 2020 0
Mentor ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic does not much mind where the Catalog is stored. On the external drive would be the simplest to implement: LrC will regard that as a local drive. At the same time, the addressing of the images themselves will remain the same for either context. What would not work, for opening a Catalog from, is a networked location (though that would be OK for images).     

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition of Richard's answer here you'll find additional informations

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-to-lightroom-catalog-multiple-computers/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0