LR Classic CC 8.2 crashing on open

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to the newest LR Classic update this morning (8.2), and the application will not open, instead generating a crash report.  I also updated to the new version of PS, but haven't noticed any issues yet. Restarting my computer did not fix the issue.  I also tried rolling back to the previous version and re-updating.  The issue persists.

Windows 10 Pro ver. 1809 OS build 17763.253

Intel Core i7-6820HK

64 GB RAM

Dear All,

I tried to install Lightroom CC Classic Version 8.2 today and it worked. I installed 2 updates of the NVIDIA driver since my last post.

The latest NVIDIA driver = 25.21.14.1935.

From my viewpoint, this issue is solved now.

Best Regards,

helmet13

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have same problem. 8.2 crashes on opening 8.1 is fine

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the exact same issue.

LR Classic 8.2 is crashing on start. The same does LR CC 2.2

LR Classic 8.1 and LR CC 2.1 is working fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem.

i was having lots of problems with 8.1, but at least i was able to work slowly, then i update to 8.2 expecting to solve the problems, but instead i'm completely unable to work since yesterday because the LR 8.2 crashes a few seconds after opening.

we really need urgently a way to convert the db to LR 6. LR classic CC is impossible to use.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

I have the same bug - a crash report is generated - after installin lightroom cc classic version 8.2. Version 8.1 runs as it should.

Any idea how to solve this?

Best Regards,

helmet13

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have posted in the wrong place at:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2596296

but can basically echo and add to this thread.  Here is the event viewer diagnostics for this problem

Faulting application name: Lightroom.exe, version: 8.2.0.10, time stamp: 0x5c518356

Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx.dll, version: 25.21.14.1891, time stamp: 0x5c5b3624

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000003ce484

Faulting process id: 0x1e8c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d4c735e7171901

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic CC\Lightroom.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvcvi.inf_amd64_060ebefc1760b49d\nvwgf2umx .dll

Report Id: 16dd8646-ba60-4588-8bc4-c7dfa9045451

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application I

Following the troubleshooting tips and editing agprefs does nothing.  Disabling graphics card is not a good long term solution especially since Windows will just re-detect it and reinstall it when you aren't looking.  Going back to 8.1 works for now. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

I tried to install Lightroom CC Classic Version 8.2 today and it worked. I installed 2 updates of the NVIDIA driver since my last post.

The latest NVIDIA driver = 25.21.14.1935.

From my viewpoint, this issue is solved now.

Best Regards,

helmet13

3 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,  I downloaded the the NVidia version you mentioned manually as manage drivers said mine was up to date, which it obviously wasn't.  This version works for me too. Thank you again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot helmet13, this finally works for me, too.

Seems NVIDIA finally solved that problem but not Adobe...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are happy to announce the release of Lightroom Classic 8.3 which should fix the crash issue at the app start-up. (conflict with a specific Nvidia GPU driver)

To update Lightroom Classic to 8.3, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Lightroom Classic.

More detailed instructions for updating

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/update-app.htmlThis update includes new features and bug fixes to some of the top customer reported issues.

What’s new and fixed

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/whats-new.htmlRead more about the Lightroom Ecosystem May release on the Adobe Blog.

May Lightroom Releases

Please update to latest version of Lightroom Classic and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Akash Sharma

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines