Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic CC - I lost a list of my Nikon lenses

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I haven't used my LR Classic CC for a while and when I started it today, I was unable to find a list of all Nikon Nikkor lenses as it used to be. Navigation: Lens Correction tab; Make = Nikon; Model - now it gives a short list of only 8 Nikon lenses and my lens is not there (Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED). What is strange - when I select any photo from last year, I can still see a complete list of lenses. A short list appears only for my new imported RAW photos. I attached 2 screen shots - lens menu before and now. Could you help me with this issue? How to get the complete lens menu back?

Thank you,

Alex

Missing lens menu.jpgCurrent lens menu.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

As a first troubleshooting step, triple-check you actually have a raw (and not a JPEG) in Develop. Hit “i“ one or two times until you see the filename  the upper left. Only a few lens profiles work with JPEGs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Camera are you currently using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a first troubleshooting step, triple-check you actually have a raw (and not a JPEG) in Develop. Hit “i“ one or two times until you see the filename  the upper left. Only a few lens profiles work with JPEGs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!

Johnrellis, you are absolutely right: My Nikon D750 camera was set up for JPEG instead of NET (RAW) format. The point is that a few months ago I brought it to a shop for cleaning and apparently they changed my RAW to JPEG. I haven't noticed that and therefore all my pics came out as JPEGs. This explains the root cause of the issue. Leave and learn!

Thank you very much for your help.

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it resolved. People have reported that happening more than a few times on the forums. Unfortunately, there's nothing in the default display of Develop or Library that makes it clear you're editing a JPEG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have gotten caught in that trap myself before. But what I think is interesting is how we all get so caught up in shooting raw because we are convinced at how much better it is to do that, and yet when we unknowingly get switched to JPEG images it is sometimes difficult or impossible to realize that it has happened. Don't get me wrong, I shoot raw myself almost exclusively. But shooting JPEG release has more of a place in our workflow than we sometimes realize. Just a general comment and observation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But what I think is interesting is how we all get so caught up in shooting raw because we are convinced at how much better it is to do that, and yet when we unknowingly get switched to JPEG images it is sometimes difficult or impossible to realize that it has happened.

I agree with your observation.  Cameras have gotten really good at in-camera JPEGs, as the reviews at dpreview.com indicate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!!!!  Same issue here  , forgot I'd been shooting jpeg,  as I don't normally!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which camera creates the raw file you mention above thanks ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines