• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR classic changing orientation on its own

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm suddenly experiencing a weird issue - LR is changing the orientation of some issues all on its own. And... When it does this, its not cropping it, its distorting them to fit the new orientation.

I'm no expert with the program. I know how to get it to do what I want most of the time.

First - why the heck is this happening and how do I stop it?

Second - how do I fix the ones that are distorted?

Thanks!

Dan

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dan, we will need some more information, and some screen-clips that explain-

the orientation of some issues-  What issues? Photos? The screen? Panels?

distorting them-  In what way? Blur? Stripes?

ones that are distorted-  ones of what? photos?

And you system details would be helpful, from the MENU: Help > System Info...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system version NUMBER? What Lightroom Classic version NUMBER? Retina screen or not? What GPU and driver version NUMBER?

Show  us a screen capture of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Is this occurring before import, when you select the images in the import screen?

2. In your Import screen, do you have any presets selected?

3. Is this occurring after import, but before you do any edits?

4. Is this occurring for a particular orientation, portrait vs landscape?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5. For one of the affected images. In Develop Module, in the History Panel, before you do any edits, is a history state shown, onr that modifies?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... I appreciate you all jumping in to help. The answers to your specific questions are below.

Now, for the really strange part - it seems to have fixed itself. Even the images that were distorted are back to their proper orientation. I have no idea exactly what happened or why. This has happened before though, so if you can provide any info as to what may be causing it or what I can do to prevent it, I would love to hear back. I have no idea what caused the issue or what fixed it, and that is most disturbing.

@Rob_Cullen  @dj_paige 

Dan, we will need some more information, and some screen-clips that explain-

the orientation of some issues-  What issues? Photos? The screen? Panels? Meant to say "some images" - what is happening is that I will click on a vertical image in the filmstrip and it will suddenly change to horizontal. It doesn't rotate. It actually stretches the image horizontally and squishes it vertically to fit a horizontal crop. It looks like someone had used the transform tool in photoshop and grabbed the corners and stretched and squished the photo

distorting them-  In what way? Blur? Stripes? - see above

ones that are distorted-  ones of what? photos?

And you system details would be helpful, from the MENU: Help > System Info... 

Lightroom Classic version: 9.4 [ 202008061458-dbb2971e ]

Operating system: Windows 10 - Home Premium Edition
Version: 10.0.18363
Application architecture: x64

Displays: 1) 2560x1440

Graphics Processor Info:
DirectX: Intel(R) UHD Graphics (26.20.100.8141)
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 12
Processor speed: 1.6 GHz

@GoldingD 

This happens well after import. These are usually older images that I am going back over for a second (or third or fouteenth) look. It happens specifically when I click them in the filmstrip or from grid view in the library module. In History, there is no notation of anything changing. My previous changes are there, of course, but the last thing noted in history will be whatever the last change I actually made, with no notation about this weird state change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Best info I can provide is- That's a 'Glitch'  🙂

A mystery!

One of those situations where the 'oft repeated' advice includes suggestions like-

Do a computer Cold Restart.

Reset the Lightroom-Classic Preferences.

Check the OEM for updated Graphic card drivers.

Upgrade LrC  (now at v10.0)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines