• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lr Classic Desktop to PS Ctrl+E does not work, Edit in PS grayed out

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since January 31st, I’ve had this problem and searched for a solution on different forums without success. In the updated Lr Classic Desktop CC 9.1, Photoshop 21.0.3 (PS 2020), ACR 12.1, I’ve lost the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+E. In the toolbar Photo>Edit In> Photoshop it is grayed out as is: Open as Smart Object, Merge to Panorama, Merge to HDR, and Open as Layers. I have OnOne products that are not grayed out but have never used it. All Photo Merge options are grayed out also.

I’ve never used Smart Objects, Smart Previews, Quick Collections, and I am not using synced files which I understand are Smart Previews. I do not use a mobile app. I am able to use the Export option and is how I’ve worked around this. However, I want to use the keyboard shortcut and have my grayed out options returned. I cannot work on my HDR photos.

On the Photoshop Family forum, an answer to this problem from 2 months ago does not apply to me: Two things that will grey-out the 'Edit-In' menus are-

1. The selected images are 'Missing' in the Library. (showing the !)
  2. You only have access to Smart Previews. The original files are not connected or available.

I am on a 1-year-old laptop running Windows 10 - Home Premium Edition 64 Bit, V. 10.0.18362. My Graphics Processor is updated - Direct X: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with Max Q Design 26.14.4114. All of my Adobe CC products are up to date. 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Yesterday, 19 Feb 2020, PS had an update. I hoped it would fix the problem & it did! The update said it was for a bug realized from the last update. Thank you Adobe & thank you for helping with this problem! This forum is awesome that others stop what they are doing to help others!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First possible solution is to reinstall Photoshop 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion, David. Adobe emailed me today to ask if the reply was successful. I had also put the question out to my photography club & received a few replies to reset my preferences & to call Adobe before reinstalling. I've never had to uninstall & reinstall so I asked what to expect because I am nervous about doing that. As soon as I am finished editing photos for a client I will try the suggestions to get things back to normal. I will return here to let you & others know the outcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-installing Photoshop will not be a problem. (Hopefully this will solve the problem)

First do the un-install from the CC Desktop App- click the 3-dots icon, uninstall, restart the laptop, then [Install] from the App-

ScreenShot127.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yesterday, 19 Feb 2020, PS had an update. I hoped it would fix the problem & it did! The update said it was for a bug realized from the last update. Thank you Adobe & thank you for helping with this problem! This forum is awesome that others stop what they are doing to help others!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines