• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic exporting changes resolution

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im in Develop module working on a 4256x2848 RAW file. When I export it as jpeg, the exported file is now 3024x2024. Resize box is unchecked, jpeg 100% quality. I just recently acquired this issue. Fuji s2 Pro .raf file. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting preferences is usually the fix when Lightroom Classic starts doing strange stuff. Here is a link to Adobe's recommended procedure:  How to set Lightroom Classic preferences (adobe.com)

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset LR Classic preferences, issue still exists.

Only happens on my Fuji S2/S3 cameras. This never happenned before. Maybe bug in latest ACR/LR update?

Thanks for any help.

Heres a screenshot to see the file size difference after export to jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please embed your image in the text of a message. Forum users do not like to open unknown attachments.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you cropped / straightened horizon / changed aspect ratio? That will reduce output resolution.

Have you applied a perspective Transform / Upright, with "constrain crop" active? That will also reduce output resolution.

So can the geometric transform applied by a lens profile / manual lens correction setting.

Using a Smart Preview, with the original file currently offline? A Smart Preview offers a reduced resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing done to image. Import raw into LR, then export to same folder as original. If I open the image in ACR from PS, then save as Jpeg,it works fine. I've reset ACR in PS and Bridge, and reset preferences in LR. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious, reading this thread!

Why do we see white borders around the JPGs in the Mac File browser? Is this a Mac display function?

In Windows my images do not show this border. And I would not expect a border with a normal LrC Export function.

Is there any significance to the containing folder name- "Converted" ? Converted by what?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The white border is on my thumbnails in Mac Finder. Cant remember if that's default or I did that.

When I export a RAW file to jpeg, i put them in a sub-folder of the original and name it converted,so I know those are the images I converted to jpeg from raw. This way there is no confusion with original jpegs I may have shot. I dont like the stacking method so I do this instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your explanation.

Could you insert a screen-clip of your total Export Dialog screen showing the File Settings and Image Sizing panels expanded.?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines