Exit

LR CLASSIC FREEZES OR TOO LAGGY

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, 

I have a desktop windows computer:
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19041) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X 24-Core Processor (48 CPUs), ~3.9GHz
Memory: 131072MB RAM (128Gb)

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090

All Disks are Nvme M2 high speed disks

My Lightroom at this point is not work workable... It freezes goes black when using asjustment brushes and spor removal tool.

I've turn on and off graphics card acelarations, Auto, Custom.... I dont know what else to do.

It is so slow and laggy that it is simply no possible to work with...

I've installed Capture One and started working with it and it runs light a feather.

So I'm paying for something that is not working and I need HELP!!!

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom at this point is not work workable... It freezes goes black when using asjustment brushes and spor removal tool.

Yes, if you do a lot of brushing or spot removal, and you have large images and a 4K or larger monitor, this is a common complaint. The CPU or GPU just can't keep up, even though you have a very powerful CPU and GPU.

One thing you can try is to set your monitor to 1920x1080 and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not mention the exact version of Lightroom Classic you are using. If you are not on V10.2, update to that.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My new system is less powerful than yours. My Lr is quite reactive. Comparing to Capture One may be quite compelling, but are you sure your comparing at the same pace? Software comparission may be quite difficult and you need to create the same conditions. My system has less CPUs (there is a limit on the. number of CPUs that may increase performance), my graphics card is a less performant Quadro, my disk (for the pictures) is a classic hard drive, and still, my performance is very good and compared to my 6 years old system lightning fast.

I do not know, however enough about your workflow and C1 workflow, to be able to suggest what is best to use.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines