Highlighted

LR Classic giving totally incorrect camera/lens profile

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an experienced user. I normally shoot raw but decided to experiment a bit with jpeg. I shoot with 2 bodies, Canon 5d3 and 1dx2. All my glass is Canon. 5d3 was shooting jpeg and 1dx2 raw. After a shoot, I successfully downloaded both jpeg and raw into the same folder and successfully uploaded to lightroom classic. When I enable profile corrections on raw, it identifies the make, model and profile correctly. When I do the same with the jpeg, the make shows "None". I was shooting the 5d3 jpeg with a 16-35, 2.8. When I select Canon as the make, it identified the lens as an EF 15mm on a 5d2. There was no profile listed for the 16-35 and obviously the camera model was wrong. I've had this happen before but never paid much attention to it as it did not impact the project/assignment photo output. My workflow is and has been the same for quite a while. I understand what the in-camera does to jpeg so is it already making the profile correction to jpeg rendering it a moot point and unnecessary in the develop module?

Correct answer by yachtshot | Community Beginner

Yeah, the info is correct in the Library panel. I guess it is already profiled by the camera so there is no reason to duplicate the process. It would have been nice to know that by way of a message or something instead of populating the field with erroneous info. Thanks for responding.

TOPICS
CC FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

LR Classic giving totally incorrect camera/lens profile

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an experienced user. I normally shoot raw but decided to experiment a bit with jpeg. I shoot with 2 bodies, Canon 5d3 and 1dx2. All my glass is Canon. 5d3 was shooting jpeg and 1dx2 raw. After a shoot, I successfully downloaded both jpeg and raw into the same folder and successfully uploaded to lightroom classic. When I enable profile corrections on raw, it identifies the make, model and profile correctly. When I do the same with the jpeg, the make shows "None". I was shooting the 5d3 jpeg with a 16-35, 2.8. When I select Canon as the make, it identified the lens as an EF 15mm on a 5d2. There was no profile listed for the 16-35 and obviously the camera model was wrong. I've had this happen before but never paid much attention to it as it did not impact the project/assignment photo output. My workflow is and has been the same for quite a while. I understand what the in-camera does to jpeg so is it already making the profile correction to jpeg rendering it a moot point and unnecessary in the develop module?

Correct answer by yachtshot | Community Beginner

Yeah, the info is correct in the Library panel. I guess it is already profiled by the camera so there is no reason to duplicate the process. It would have been nice to know that by way of a message or something instead of populating the field with erroneous info. Thanks for responding.

TOPICS
CC FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 29, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happens to me on a Jpg using a Canon 5d3 and Canon 28-70 f2.8.  It identifies as a 5d2 and 15mm but the info in the Library Metadata panel is correct.  Lens Correction shows NONE as there is no Lens Profiles for JPG files, only RAW.  It lets you pick one out if you want to force it.

Is the camera and lens info correct in the Library Metadata panel on your image?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 29, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 29, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does inform you (although not clearly) at the bottom of the panel

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 11.35.14 AM.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 29, 2020 0