• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic issue importing video files

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I did switch because of Adobes strange "policy" not to provide a 64bit installer for LR 6.1 for MACOS to LR Classic Desktop (for again quite some money).

And here the problem starts! First I did migrate the old catalog and all files and videos are there. In a second step I did decide to create a new and fresh catalog importing all my pictures and video files from an external SSD (backup from my NAS where they normally sit  to esnure smother workflow).

It all worked kind of fine for the pictures but video files didn't imports and it tells me "error - no link to dynamic link.....". It did try all the recomended steps as it seems to me various users have the same issue!

Clear Cache, kill processes of dynamic link, disable GPU support, check and even close down firewall, restallation for LR, fresh installation of MACOS and LR,... NO CHANGE! 

Funny enough, opening the old catalog from LR 6.1 and migrate it, will give access to all picts and video files with no issue! 

Does anyone has a hint I can follow please! This starts to get nasty....

Thanks a lot!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only working solution I have seen for this strange issue is an uninstall removing all preferences and a reinstall of Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the hint.

Did try that, but it unfortunately didn't make the difference on my MacBook.

However even more interesting, if running LR classic in "parallels" virtualisation under MacOS Catalina all videos get importated and visible in Win10.

As my old LR 6.1 was working fine before under macOS and LR classic doesn't work here, but in Win10, the problem more and more seems to be Adobe's quality of programming LR classic for MacOS.

Any help is highly appreciated as I am considering to move to CaptureOne! Test-Version doesn't have any issue with any files, it will certainly take some time to get used to their catalog logic in full, but if it is working at least it will save a lot of live time at the longer end, it even can import and transfer my old LR 6.1 catalog!

If there isn't any solution rather soon, I will aim to claim my yearly pre-paid amount back as I didn't get what is advertised and paid for!

and of course: happy new year 🥳 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here.

Photos are imported pretty fast and well. Videos... since I installed 9.2 (I am running Mojave) it's a nightmare. They simply do not load and the whole import process takes forever, ending in the dynamic link error.

The dynamic link process takes a lot of CPU while trying to import videos, by the way.  There is a folder which was partially imported (I mean, all the photos, no videos) and there is no way to make a "Synchronize folder" to import the missing videos.

Please Adobe, fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines