• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic issues with ARW files, A7iii

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue with LR Classic before and still after the latest update.  LR won't let me rename or even more some ARW files.  I can import them, export them (and rename in the process) but within the library, if I select a bunch of photos and go to Libray, rename, there always seems to be a handfull of images it won't be able to rename.  Or if I select a bunch of images and create a new folder in the library, it won't let me move them.  I just switched from Canon to Sony, and this has been very frustrating.  

Please Help!

Kevin

screen shot of system attached

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"if I select a bunch of photos and go to Libray, rename, there always seems to be a handfull of images it won't be able to rename"

Why not? What happens? If there is an error message, please quote the exact word-for-word error message.

"Or if I select a bunch of images and create a new folder in the library, it won't let me move them."

Why not? What happens? If there is an error message, please quote the exact word-for-word error message.

Have you checked your operating system to see if these images/folders are read-only?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dj Paige, thanks for responding.  screen shot of the error I get.  All folders are writable and it's always just a handful of random images that preventing me from renaming or moving the images to another folder.  I have to export them to rename them and that works, but then I have jpegs with names that don't match my raw files.

Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 11.04.02 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you confirm that these files are not missing according to Lightroom Classic? Do they show an exclamation point icon in Lightroom Classic's grid view? Show me a screen capture.

Also, just because you say the folders are writable doesn't convince me. Can you show me a screen capture of the permissions on the folder stated in the message in the above screen capture?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So DJ, you were right, those few files were actually Locked.  If I import them directly from the sd card from within lightroom, why would, and as i'm typing this I've had a revelation!!  I think i occasionally lock an image on my camera and that actually translates through the import!  I'm still getting use to the Sony buttons and functions after 20 years with Canon.  I'll test it to make sure, but I think this solves it.  

Thank you so much!

kevin

Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 12.47.37 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the affected files seem random, it might be that they are opened by other program, like maybe your AV software, at the time you attempt the rename. What happens if you try again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines