Highlighted

LR Classic issues

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to report some issues we have recently experienced with LR Classic and hope someone can offer any suggestions in what may be wrong and what can be done to correct the problems.  

1. I had made a book in the Book Module and then created both a pdf and a jpeg that I sent to my desktop.  When I looked at both the pdf and jpeg back grounds they looked just as they looked in the Book Module.  I had created the jpeg because I wanted to make a slide show and then imported it into the Slide Show Module but when I looked at it I found that in a random pattern the background color changed from the lighter blue to various shades of blue.  How can this be and what can I do about it?

2. I have created a collection and when I went to organize them by Capture date it did not allow me to do it.  I had a group of 5 photos shot in 2020 and then 7 shot in 2005 and then 18 shot in 2007 and so on.  I have closed LR a number of times but the problem persists.  Any ideas as to why this is happening and what I can go about it?

3. When I work in LR Classic in either the Develop or Book Module I find that after about a 1/2 hour my system slows down and everything takes longer to the point where I get the "LR is not responding" notification.  If I then backup and exit LR and return to my work everything speeds up.  If I do not backup and return to LR I experience a similar slowdown in my workflow.  Any thoughts?

4. Sometimes when I am working in LR Classic I will get a message that another catalogue is open but I had not opened anything else.  What I have learned is that if I go to my catalogue location I will find a lock.lrcat file and if I delete that I am able to work on my catalogue without further problems.  Let me know what you think?

If someone is concerned with the capabilities of my computer please let me give you some information on my system:

HP Z240 tower workstation
Intel i7-7700 CPU @ 3.6 GHz
32 GB Ram
64 bit system
Windows 10 updated
My LR Catalogue is located on my C drive and my photos are on a internal F drive.  
Our LR catalogue is regularly updated.

We have gone through the extensive settings and recommendations that Adobe has for increasing the speed of our system with limited success. 

All of these problems have caused my workflow to slow down and been very disruptive making LR Classic no fun.

Herman Jakubowski

Topics

Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

LR Classic issues

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to report some issues we have recently experienced with LR Classic and hope someone can offer any suggestions in what may be wrong and what can be done to correct the problems.  

1. I had made a book in the Book Module and then created both a pdf and a jpeg that I sent to my desktop.  When I looked at both the pdf and jpeg back grounds they looked just as they looked in the Book Module.  I had created the jpeg because I wanted to make a slide show and then imported it into the Slide Show Module but when I looked at it I found that in a random pattern the background color changed from the lighter blue to various shades of blue.  How can this be and what can I do about it?

2. I have created a collection and when I went to organize them by Capture date it did not allow me to do it.  I had a group of 5 photos shot in 2020 and then 7 shot in 2005 and then 18 shot in 2007 and so on.  I have closed LR a number of times but the problem persists.  Any ideas as to why this is happening and what I can go about it?

3. When I work in LR Classic in either the Develop or Book Module I find that after about a 1/2 hour my system slows down and everything takes longer to the point where I get the "LR is not responding" notification.  If I then backup and exit LR and return to my work everything speeds up.  If I do not backup and return to LR I experience a similar slowdown in my workflow.  Any thoughts?

4. Sometimes when I am working in LR Classic I will get a message that another catalogue is open but I had not opened anything else.  What I have learned is that if I go to my catalogue location I will find a lock.lrcat file and if I delete that I am able to work on my catalogue without further problems.  Let me know what you think?

If someone is concerned with the capabilities of my computer please let me give you some information on my system:

HP Z240 tower workstation
Intel i7-7700 CPU @ 3.6 GHz
32 GB Ram
64 bit system
Windows 10 updated
My LR Catalogue is located on my C drive and my photos are on a internal F drive.  
Our LR catalogue is regularly updated.

We have gone through the extensive settings and recommendations that Adobe has for increasing the speed of our system with limited success. 

All of these problems have caused my workflow to slow down and been very disruptive making LR Classic no fun.

Herman Jakubowski

Topics

Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have comments for 2 and 4

2. What do you mean that Lightroom did not allow you to sort the collection? How did you try to do this sort? What happened? Give details. Be specific.

4. Your solution is correct. There is a .LOCK file in the same folder that your catalog file is located. Delete the .LOCK file. DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING ELSE. This is the solution. This happens when Lightroom shuts down unexpectedly (like if it crashes or the computer crashes) and leaves the .LOCK file in place.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paige thank you for your interest.

Regarding question 2 what I mean is that in the Library module in the grid view when I want to sort photos in various orders I can go to the Sort Order at the bottom above the filmstrip and make a selection.  In the past when I would select Capture Time the order of the photos would appear in the order of capture by date and time.  That is not what is happening now and there is not logical order that i can see.  Further I have turned off the filter to none so that has no impact.

Regarding question 4 I know the solution but that is not my problem - what is my problem is that the system is unexpectedly shutting down often and I do not know why.

I hope this helps you

Herman

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines