Lr Classic: Map: offset when dropping photos on the map

Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I place photos on the map by dragging and dropping, they are dropped a few centimeters (on the screen) besides the location where I dropped them.

Is this a bug?

(Windows 10 up to date; Lr Classic 10.3)

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is apparently a longstanding bug with dragging photos to the map:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-mapping-errors-wind... 

I had the same issue (on Windows) for a very long time and I was so used to it I could drag the pictures to a place so they would appear in their almost exact location (centimeters away). In the past few months noticed that it finally worked fine, without doing anything except keeping everything updated. Now on LrC 10.3, it's still flawless. So, really not sure what's the cause, maybe you'll find a working solution in the linked thread.

Hope that helps,

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To build on Michael's reply: That bug report describes a workaround that works for most people. Instead of dragging the photos to the map, select them in the filmstrip, right-click the desired location in the map and do Add GPS Coordinates.

The occurrence of the bug seems to depend (at least in part) on the current settings of Windows display scaling and LR's Preferences > Interface > Font Size.

This is an old bug. Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize the fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes. Product developers rarely participate in this forum and won't see your feedback.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both @MNiessenPhoto and @johnrellis for your replies and suggestions.

The strange thing is that I never had this problem before. It only happend after the recent update of LrC to 10.3 (and at the same time Windows keeps on updating as well as the NVIDIA GPU driver).

Thank you @johnrellis for the suggestion on giving this issue more attention.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it resolved.  It's pretty shameful that Adobe hasn't fixed this over the years. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines