Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic Memmory leak (same with PS)

Participant ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 
after last update something strange happened to LR and PS. On the first I thought that maybe there is something wrong with my system so I did a format and clean install, but the problem persisted. After few photos processed in both programs they become barely usable. LR takes more than 9GB from RAM and Photoshop more than 10GB with no photo actually open and it keeps growing with every photo! Using a brush in LR is like nightmare! After a single stroke I need to wait more than 5 second to see what I have done in LR and I talk about photo with almost no work done with sliders and a simple brush like exposure with no mask. I need to restart both LR and PS every like 30-40min to keep work with them. 

My specs:
Ryzen 2700x @ 4.1Ghz
32 GB RAM @ 2666
GeForce 1060 6GB
System and Library @ Samsung 960 EVO Nvme
Current Photos @ Samsung 850 EVO SSD 
Archived photos @ WD Blue HDD
Windows 10
EIZO CG2420 @1920x1200.
About LR performance - I have tried every setting with GPU, my prevs size is standard and Camera RAW cache is set to 30 GB. Problem is that it was quite fine for a long time (well, last year, before that LR was a nightmare) and is it with first few pictures but only gets worse with time.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Lightroom and PS? This sounds like something that happened in older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR build: 201911291132-6cf80b4, so it is up to date.
PS build: 21.0.2 20191122.r.57 2019/11/22: e3e4068e635 x64 - the most recent one.
CC itself is up to date as well. 
I had this problem before, as you said in older versions and now it returns. 
One clue - it is connected with HDR marge in LR. If I process pictures just like they are it's quiet fine. But when I start to marge them RAM usage grows fast and quickly LR starts getting slugish.
EDIT:
Processing two pictures in photoshop:

- clean open of PS - 690 MB RAM taken,

- opening and processing first one,
- first one closed - 6900 MB RAM taken by PS,
- opening and closing second one,

- second one closed - 10 700 MB RAM taken by PS.
With LR grows little slower but still, after some time both takes most of 32 GB RAM and even opening next tab on browser is slowed down. I don't have such problems with any other software - Blender, CaptureOne and any others software run just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you updated your creative cloud because you may find the updates my work better 

but I hope you find this helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And one more thing. When LR and PS hit that spot, where everything gets sluggish, I close them, they stay opened in the background for 5-6 minutes. Windows is closed, but when I open task manager they are still there for a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines