Highlighted

LR Classic Metadata sync

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS X.14.6  After upgrade to LR classic (9.2) from LR 6 - I noticed that metadata added on import does nor show in Bridge (both raw and jpg files). Write changes into XMP is selected. Metadats shows when importing into LR 6 and then opening files in Bridge 2020 or LR Classic 9.2

How can sync be re-activated?

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

LR Classic Metadata sync

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS X.14.6  After upgrade to LR classic (9.2) from LR 6 - I noticed that metadata added on import does nor show in Bridge (both raw and jpg files). Write changes into XMP is selected. Metadats shows when importing into LR 6 and then opening files in Bridge 2020 or LR Classic 9.2

How can sync be re-activated?

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 01, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser to see the images.]

If Catalog Settings > Metadata > Automatically Write Changes Into XMP is enabled, then metadata changes made by a metadata preset on import will get written back to the imported file or its .xmp sidecar. I just tested this in LR 9.2 to verify no obvious bug was recently introduced.

To troubleshoot this, import a sample JPEG into LR and wait a second or two for the metadata status indicator to disappear, indicating that the metadata has been written back:

Untitled.png

Then upload that JPEG to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here, letting us know what fields have been changed (to what values) by the metadata import preset.  We can verify whether the file contains those metadata values, thus identifying whether the problem is with your LR or with Bridge.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 01, 2020 1
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply and suggestions.  Luckily not necessary, as apparently I (accidentally) solved the issue by selecting/de-selecting some of the import options in LR 9.2 General Preferences.  So it works now, and all metadata changes show up in Bridge / PS 2020.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2020 0