LR CLASSIC not seeing photos on SD card

New Here ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Classic 9.2.1

iMac Retina 27in 2017, Mac OS 10.15.4

Canon Rebel T6s (CR2 images)

using SD card reader built-in to the back of the display (have also tried external card reader and direct camera connection).  Finder shows the SD card is mounted... and you can view the photos on the SD card in Finder.  LR sees the EOS_DIGITAL device Source for import but it does not see any photos (show sub folders does not matter) .  import duplicates (or not) setting does not matter.  No photos show for import.

i can copy the files from the SD card to a desktop folder and the import is fine.  i can't be certain, but i think Import was fine before Catalina was installed.

I have another Mac with OS 10.14 (Mojave) and the import works fine with the same card.  Also, using an SD card from a different camera the photos don't show up for import with Catalina but works fine with Mojave.  (same LR version on both machines, different Mac OS)

i was hoping this would "go  away on its own" but it is finally getting annoying the problem persists.  any thoughts?

thanks

NEVER MIND... after i posted this a suggested topic came up and the solution is provided in that conversation

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-not-showing-my-images-on-sd-card/...

security permissions issue.  problem solved.

Topics

Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

LR CLASSIC not seeing photos on SD card

New Here ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Classic 9.2.1

iMac Retina 27in 2017, Mac OS 10.15.4

Canon Rebel T6s (CR2 images)

using SD card reader built-in to the back of the display (have also tried external card reader and direct camera connection).  Finder shows the SD card is mounted... and you can view the photos on the SD card in Finder.  LR sees the EOS_DIGITAL device Source for import but it does not see any photos (show sub folders does not matter) .  import duplicates (or not) setting does not matter.  No photos show for import.

i can copy the files from the SD card to a desktop folder and the import is fine.  i can't be certain, but i think Import was fine before Catalina was installed.

I have another Mac with OS 10.14 (Mojave) and the import works fine with the same card.  Also, using an SD card from a different camera the photos don't show up for import with Catalina but works fine with Mojave.  (same LR version on both machines, different Mac OS)

i was hoping this would "go  away on its own" but it is finally getting annoying the problem persists.  any thoughts?

thanks

NEVER MIND... after i posted this a suggested topic came up and the solution is provided in that conversation

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-not-showing-my-images-on-sd-card/...

security permissions issue.  problem solved.

Topics

Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalina has a new "security and privacy" OS tool.

Run that and verify that all the options for Lightroom are turned on.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines