Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic on Mac won't open

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I last used LR a couple of weeks ago. I tried to open it last night and it wouldn't open. I updated my Mac this morning and it still won't open. The new version of LR works but I want Classic. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More details please.

Which "LR" are you referring to? Version Number?

What is your Mac OS Version Number?

What exact error message do you see when it "won't open"?

Do you see a 'Catalog' error?

Do you see the Splash Screen open?

Is there a .LOCK file adjacent to your .LRCAT Catalog file?

Do you have a subscription to the Photography Plan (20Gb) that includes Lr-Classic?

Have you installed Lr-Classic?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

It's LR version 6.14 - I use Creative Cloud and it's up to date so I'm assuming the latest one.

I use Mac OS Catalina version 10.15.5.

There is no error message - it just doesnt open. I have the subscription and LR Classic is installed. It worked fine late June 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I tried to open it last night and it wouldn't open."

Explain further. Exactly what do you see? Exactly what does happen? If there is an error message, please show us a screen capture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The opening screen with the pinkish flower flashes momentarily (for like a split second) and goes away. Nothing else happens. I did do a screen recording but I can't upload it here which is annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should the icon be this old LR icon or the new one that says LRC? I don't know why this image posts upside down!

989934FB-EDF1-4270-A790-6C7F478E0291.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So yes the Lr logo is what you should see for Lr 6.14,  LrC is Lightroom Classic.

On another note, Wobert asked "Is there a .LOCK file adjacent to your .LRCAT Catalog file?" there was no response from you.

This could have a bearing on the reason you cannot open Lr 6.14, see the screen capture.

Screenshot 2020-07-13 at 7.21.32 AM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to look up the catalogue file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On your Mac double click your hhd then select > users> your user name> Pictures > Lightroom 

That is the default location. If you choose a different do a search in finder for files ending in .lrcat that's the extensions for Lightroom Catalog files. Have a close look at the screen capture that I inserted in my earlier post.

The screen capture is taken from finder on my iMac.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More confusion also-

Lightroom v6.14 is not Lightroom-Classic v9.3, so which is it?

Lightroom v6.14 cannot be installed on Mac Catalina!  https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-macos-catalina-compatibility/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so the fix is revert to Mojave or download the new LRC? It's weird because it worked a few weeks ago when I was running Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using  Lightroom, v6.14. I want to use the version that is circled in red and not the one circled in blue.

20200713_Screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Lightroom Classic 9.3, why do you want to use Lightroom 6.14?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted. @clarec I have sent a private message. look at the top right of the forum window and click on the envelope.

Screenshot 2020-07-13 at 11.02.50 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so the fix is revert to Mojave or download the new LRC?

No, No, No!!!

Stay with Catalina.

Stay with Lightroom-Classic v9.3.

Un-Install that listing for Lightroom (Classic) v6.  (It is 'old' out-dated, un-supported, not compatible with Catalina)

And as asked by dj-Paige: Why would you want to use it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've installed the LRC v9.3.

Thanks for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines