• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR classic performance issue

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have about 145k photos, with LR catalog is store on my SSD C drive, about 15k 2019 photos are also stored on the same C drive as the catalog.   The rest of photos are stored on the 5TB Hard disk F drive.   For some reason when i edit photos on the C drive, the F drive was fully engaged and slowed down the whole process.   

I turned off the cloud sync features but did not fix the slow performance.  

What could be the issue here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Welcome to Adobe Community!

Sorry to hear about performance issues with Lightroom Classic, would you mind telling us the version of Lightroom you're using? You can verify the version by going to Help > System Info.

You may try optimizing the performance of Lightroom and see if it helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the latest version of LR Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is that external drive connected  to the  computer? Could you bee having a port inflict? If it is connected via USB, does connecting it to a different USB port improve things?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Both SSD and HD drives are internal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines